• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Integrated Chartplotter

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just did this process.... I updated the card, but I still don't see depths. Pretty disappointing.
What other detail or differences do you see? Is it worth the sd card update?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What other detail or differences do you see? Is it worth the sd card update?
For me it added alot more information like channels, buoys, fuel stops, etc etc for my area. The charts that came with my boat were super super basic. Didn't even have different colored water for channels (white is channel BTW) . Now it looks great....
20200502_180534.jpg

Previously it looked like this. Sorry different river though...
20190919_134941.jpg

DomBracero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For me it added alot more information like channels, buoys, fuel stops, etc etc for my area. The charts that came with my boat were super super basic. Didn't even have different colored water for channels (white is channel BTW) . Now it looks great....
View attachment 121513

View attachment 121514
Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 121513

View attachment 121514
Thanks 👍, looks like it may be worth it. I’ll do it this weekend

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

@Hoyt , that's great news ! Previously @Drexx3 indicated that he first had to delete existing map data from his SD card before having enough room to install added detail . Did you also find that to be the case ?
Did you notice any changes in the screen refresh time with the added detail ?

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It doesn't lag on me a single bit with the updates at all
Not to wander hijack this, but, how well do your maps load when changing zoom? Any jumping around of your position when underway? When I zoom in on mine it takes 5-10 seconds or so to repaint the screen and pretty frequent jumping around when moving. Trying to see if it's common or not and if it's worth it to go nag the dealer.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to wander hijack this, but, how well do your maps load when changing zoom? Any jumping around of your position when underway? When I zoom in on mine it takes 5-10 seconds or so to repaint the screen and pretty frequent jumping around when moving. Trying to see if it's common or not and if it's worth it to go nag the dealer.
After update I have no lag. See the thing is that yamaha installs world charts. Not area specific. So when I updated it is now strictly my area. I belive this is what stopped the lag. Not as much data to sort through. Not sure that your dealer can help with that, but maybe

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You mean is lagging 5 - 10 seconds after doing the SD update? (Or the way it came from the factory)

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting. May be worth trying that then. It's a little aggravating how mediocre the maps experience is. Juuust good enough to not be certain that I should nag the dealer.

From the factory.

Last edited:

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Hoyt Did you delete the original map data on your SD card before starting the install of your local area maps ?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Did you delete the original map data on your SD card before starting the install of your local area maps ?
That's the funniest part. When I removed stock card, and installed into Navtronics software..... It was blank. Nothing at all on the card. We had maps on conext, but nothing on card. Super weird. I've seen others with this same problem (those of us that received first batch of 195S). Most took back to dealer and got a card. My brother in law works with boats. Sooooooooo he had a card to give me

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's the funniest part. When I removed stock card, and installed into Navtronics software..... It was blank. Nothing at all on the card. We had maps on conext, but nothing on card. Super weird. I've seen others with this same problem (those of us that received first batch of 195S). Most took back to dealer and got a card. My brother in law works with boats. Sooooooooo he had a card to give me
Is it still a North up orientation only or can you now change that with the update to the Navionics?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it still a North up orientation only or can you now change that with the update to the Navionics?
Now that I have no clue. Mine is north up. Not sure if that can be changed or not

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now that I have no clue. Mine is north up. Not sure if that can be changed or not
To the best of my knowledge it is always North up orientation. So annoying but probably requires more processing power than the Connext has available? (shrug)

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To the best of my knowledge it is always North up orientation. So annoying but probably requires more processing power than the Connext has available? (shrug)
Probably true. Same reason we can't get sonar charts

Mo2280

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 121513

View attachment 121514
I got the 2020 242 se

Boat the navionics detaled map for my area . How ever its very difficult to use compare to the normal GPS device . The details of my area was correct with all the water channels and details. My issue was to set a way point and navigate to there . Where in a normal GPS device I'll get the proper guidance to avoid shallow waters and any other hazardous areas . On the yamaha connext ill get a straight line that will point to the way point . Any one have managed to find a solution along with the map direction.

I have returned my purchased card to dealer and have been told that garmin maps will be working effectively with the yamaha integrated chart plotter I am still waiting to get that map !!!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There's a microSD Card under this rubber cap
. I know this sounds really simplistic BUT , I’m in the helm storage area , back side of Connect and found the rubber plug cover from pic. Took it off. Every SD card I’ve ever seen is spring loaded and either pops out or locks in when depressed? Not this one ? Did you have to pry out (gently) ?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Problem solved ! I missed one important word . “Micro” SD. Mine is 16GB and pulls out but not spring loaded.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Problem solved ! I missed one important word . “Micro” SD. Mine is 16GB and pulls out but not spring loaded.
Yeah it just pulls right out. No spring. You did it right