• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha ls 2000

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I mean about the rebuild.... and oil lines @xoomer

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mean about the rebuild.... and oil lines @xoomer
I don't really know what all is involved in a rebuild but he did change 4 oil lines in the process but there is nothing about the other engine's oil lines being changed--maybe they have been taken care of, maybe not, impossible to know from just looking at this bill. Anyway, that wouldn't be something I would worry about when buying the boat--it can easily be done once you have purchased the boat.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$700 is what I would estimate so $1400 for 2 sides. These boats are old enough thAt replacing these will be common. I don't think you overpaid having done the job myself

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bill shows a top only rebuild, meaning that the lower half of the engine was not broken down. If it is running fine, that is probably ok. The downside to a top job is that the lower part eventually needs to be done, and then you have to redo the top to get to the bottom (no such thing as just doing the bottom, I am told). So if the port side is not needing a rebuild and all is running alright, you are fine.

If the starboard side is running rough, smoking (white smoke indicates there may be water leaking into the combustion tract; blue smoke that there may be oil leaking--of course with a 2 stroke you are always burning some oil, so the question would be whether there is more than 'normal'), or not making rpm, I would be concerned that a bottom was not done, which would be more expensive.

Likely you are fine if everything seems good on the test run.