• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha ls 2000

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@xoomer
I guess what it comes down to is this... I want to get it and it is a upgrade since my frist boat last year was a 89 bayliner capri with an 85 hp outboard motor...lol and I expect to have to get some things fixed here and there...
With everything in relatively great condition, with trailer, rebuilt engine because of the blown head, and the cover, jackets, tube, all of that...do you think for it 9000 is worth it...
The sx240ho is a bit out of my price range...
ALSO HE SAID THE OIL LINES WERE REPLACVED ALSO AND THAT HE REPLACES THEM AND THEY SHOULD BE REPLACED EVERY YEAR....
DO YOU KNOW THE GAS/OIL RATION IN THESE 2 STROKES?
I don't really know what a fair price would be since it would depend on where you live and the condition of the boat. I would check Craigslist, Boattrader, iBoats, and some other places to see what this particular model is selling for in your area. Just off the top of my head, I don't think you would be "stealing" it at that price but if everything looks good and is good working order it is probably an "okay" price.

I'm not sure what is meant by replacing the oil lines every year--that is something that is done once. If you decide to go pre-mix, I believe the ratio is 50:1 but it is easy to check. My understanding is that the oils available for pre-mix are of a higher quality than the ones normally used--but I have no proof of that. The big advantage of pre-mix is that you don't have oil lines and oil pumps to worry about--but you do have to worry about adding the proper amount of oil every time you add gas.

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@xoomer
So with it being oil injected would i neeed to still mix the gas/oil 50-1 in the gas tank?
Or just gas in the tank...
and what would you suggest to run in the engine? the marina i go to i believe just has unleaded regular

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$9K is high for a LS2000. But low for a LX210.

Here is a nationwide search for LS2000s http://www.boattrader.com/search-results/NewOrUsed-any/Type-all/Zip-71968/Radius-4000/Make-Yamaha/Keyword-ls2000/Sort-Length:DESC

Asking prices range from $5900 to $9999 with an average of $8349.

The LX210 adds the swim deck and ski pylon, possibly other stuff. Both of those are really nice to have and difficult to find to add to a LS2000.

When I was shopping in 2012 I started with a terribly maintained LS2000 then missed a couple of LX210s that sold before I could get to them then ended up with a well maintained LX210.

Buying a well maintained boat that is ready to go can save you thousands.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@xoomer
So with it being oil injected would i neeed to still mix the gas/oil 50-1 in the gas tank?
and what would you suggest to run in the engine? the marina i go to i believe just has unleaded regular
The oil injection system adjusts oil flow based on rpm. I left it in place. I believe that you would have even more smoke if you switch to premixed fuel.

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Bruce
the ski pylon I wouldnt really get much use out of just tubing and such with the kids.... The swim platform is still pretty large cpompared to the one on my old boatr, but i beleieve i can also add one if i could find one... I think I can probably get it for 8500 with the oil lines, and rebuilt engine I think it seems fair for my area in pa....

So I just put the oil somewhere and just gas in the tank????

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure it cannot be a 2004, but not certain. I owned a 2003 LX210 (with the swim platform) and I don't think there was an option to buy an LS that year or years beyond, but I am not sure. They are fun boats. Sold mine because I wanted a boat with a windshield and that didn't have 2 cycle smoke at idle. But MAN it was FAST!!! AND FUN!

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@xoomer
You either run it as-is, or you change to pre-mix by blocking off the oil pump. If you keep it as-is you just have to keep the existing oil reservoir full; if you block off the oil pump then you would have to add special pre-mix oil to the gas tank every time you add gas.

If you can find non-ethanol gas that would be better but most use unleaded regular that contains about 10% ethanol--just add some marine Sta-Bil to keep the fuel system clean.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Joe if you are interested in a rocket I have a 2000 XR1800 with all updates done. Seats 5 closed bow. Look at my sig for mods. I can provide pics. Many people here have seen/rode in the boat.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The oil injection system adjusts oil flow based on rpm. I left it in place. I believe that you would have even more smoke if you switch to premixed fuel.
Could be, I bought the oil pump plugs but never installed them. One thing I have heard is that the smell of some of the pre-mix oils is very nice :confused:

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@xoomer @Bruce
So I would just put gas in the gas tank becasue i dont wanna change anything... I was unaware that you only put gas in there first off...which is why i am on here to learn before i get out there with a type of boat i have no experince with...
Like i said my last one needed the mixture...
What oil would you suggest????

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joe S, there is a reservoir for oil in the engine compartment. It holds over a gallon and will get you through a lot of fill ups.

I am not trying to criticize the LS2000 and certainly you will enjoy it more than your current boat.

With all of these boats there is a trade off of cost vs features. That is why I am enjoying my SX230 instead of the 242 LS that I that keeps calling me.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an LS2000 and have learned a bit about these boats in the 1 season that I owned it. PM me and I can share my number so that we can talk. A couple of key points
1) I doubt oil lines would have been replaced every year. It is a hard job given where the carbs are so his answers are questionable. He also doesn't know the year of the boat....
2) find out who the engine was rebuilt by. If it is SBT, a lot of people will tell you to stay away from it
3) Require a test drive and plan on various throttle speeds. Make sure both engines are consistent and run without hesitation or stalling
4) While the boat is in the water, have him lift the engine hatch, TURN OFF both engines, and confirm that water does not leak into the engine compartment from the rear hull area. We can discuss

My boat was in in the same price point and it was in excellent condition. I expected to do some work but it was important to me to be able to trailer the boat that I bought. The other, larger Yamaha's were too heavy for my Acura SUV, otherwise I would have looked at them and I would have paid at least twice as much for comparable condition (probably 3x the amount). That said, I like the size of my boat for this stage of boating and watersports. I contemplated getting 2 jet skis and this option provided the ability to carry 5 people comfortably. I would not count on 6 or 7 since that doesn't leave any room for the stuff that will be on board.

Lastly, if you are not mechanically inclined or you don't see this as a way to learn, I would steer towards other options. Again, that will be a different price point

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used Pennzoil from Walmart. It met the specs that are listed in the manual, was a lot a cheaper and a lot more available than Yamalube. It is even cheaper at Sams.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
4) While the boat is in the water, have him lift the engine hatch, TURN OFF both engines, and confirm that water does not leak into the engine compartment from the rear hull area. We can discuss
Very important--had that happen to my boat and had to replace the intermediate housing (I think that is what it is called)--cost about $700 parts and labor--all from just a minor leak.

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
THIS INFORMATION IS EXACTLY WHY I WANTED TO CHAT WITH PROFESSIONALS IN THIS AREA BEFORE EVEN MEETING THIS GENTLEMAN TO BUY!!!!!!
@Bruce @xoomer @4x15mph

I have an LS2000 and have learned a bit about these boats in the 1 season that I owned it. PM me and I can share my number so that we can talk. A couple of key points
1) I doubt oil lines would have been replaced every year. It is a hard job given where the carbs are so his answers are questionable. He also doesn't know the year of the boat....
2) find out who the engine was rebuilt by. If it is SBT, a lot of people will tell you to stay away from it
3) Require a test drive and plan on various throttle speeds. Make sure both engines are consistent and run without hesitation or stalling

My boat was in in the same price point and it was in excellent condition. I expected to do some work but it was important to me to be able to trailer the boat that I bought. The other, larger Yamaha's were too heavy for my Acura SUV, otherwise I would have looked at them and I would have paid at least twice as much for comparable condition (probably 3x the amount). That said, I like the size of my boat for this stage of boating and watersports. I contemplated getting 2 jet skis and this option provided the ability to carry 5 people comfortably. I would not count on 6 or 7 since that doesn't leave any room for the stuff that will be on board.

Lastly, if you are not mechanically inclined or you don't see this as a way to learn, I would steer towards other options. Again, that will be a different price point
MINE I WAS THINKNING 5 AND 2 KIDS.... LOTS OF ROOM FOR THE TUBE ON THE BACK AND BEER IN THE STORAGE AREA

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@xoomer did this cost $700 for one side or did you get both sides done for that amount? Regardless, it can be costly and he will want to know this up front.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
5 + 2 kids can be done for sure but you will have little room for the kids to move to the back if it gets rough. It depends on where you will be using this and whether you plan to drop some people off on a beach at times.

Joe S

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@xoomer @Bruce @4x15mph
here is the reciept that he has from the work done on the boat....it does include winterization which is a plus...
What do you think...
@4x15mph I messsaged you alsoboat1.jpg

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@xoomer did this cost $700 for one side or did you get both sides done for that amount? Regardless, it can be costly and he will want to know this up front.
It was $700 for one. The mechanic might have overcharged me but it appears to be installed properly and I know it took a lot of work--two men to move everything around and get the part installed and since my boat was in a lift it wasn't the easiest place to work.