• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Sticker replacement?

rwheatly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at an 2018 AR210, and there is the sticker on one side has been damaged -- clearly hit something and ripped the sticker off. I asked dealer to order replacement from Yamaha and was told it's no longer offered, and referred be to local printer who can create custom replacement sticker.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Leave it? Remove stickers on both sides? replace?

Thx for feedback

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about |...| that far from peeling all the stickers off my '17 AR190. Boat looks much "cleaner" without them.

I peel all the emblems off my vehicles too, so I might be biased :D

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Peel 'em and do a custom wrap, or partial wrap.. Stand out..

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm about |...| that far from peeling all the stickers off my '17 AR190. Boat looks much "cleaner" without them.

I peel all the emblems off my vehicles too, so I might be biased :D
@2kwik4u .....I'd like to peel the stickers off my 2020Sx195. What is required? A heat gun? I would not want to blister the gel coat. I think the white hull sides would not have yellowed enough to show a contrast? Opinions appreciated! :cool:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is too beat up for you, pull them. If not, just live with it. I think mine have a few small gashes in them, but they don't bug me yet, so I have left mine on so far...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u .....I'd like to peel the stickers off my 2020Sx195. What is required? A heat gun? I would not want to blister the gel coat. I think the white hull sides would not have yellowed enough to show a contrast? Opinions appreciated! :cool:
Haven't done it to a boat yet. I'll let you know if I tackle that this winter.

For the truck. I use some fishing line to peel back the emblem, then my finger tips to pry the emblem completely off. Once off, there is the remainder of the 3M Foam tape to remove. I used to scrub with a microfiber and Goo Gone. This works, but is a PIA. I moved to a 3M Adhesive Removal Wheel and a 20V drill this year. It works MUCH MUCH better.

Here's the 3M wheel I use.

Here's the tailgate on the truck. Red circle is the GooGone/Scrub method. You can see there is still some light light scuffs where I scrubbed too hard, and attempted to use a credit card to scrape the foam off. It's not great. The blue circle had an emblem as well, but you can't see any trace of the emblem.

1601950363525.png

I did have to rewax the truck in a few spots to get it to stop doing this every time it rained. Both the SLT and GMC logos are still visible if the light hits it just right. Wife can't see it, or so she says. Might be my head playing tricks on me.

1601950443534.png 1601950531933.png

I'm unsure if you are supposed to use the 3M Wheel on gelcoat, however I would be tempted to give it a try. The results on the truck are SOOO much better than I've ever done in the past, and I've been removing the emblems from our vehicles for literally 2 decades now.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is late to the party by a few months, but I'll chime in since I already did this to mine. A heat gun will help, but isn't really necessary if you get a nice warm day. A heat gun might actually be TOO much for this, since you've got a newer boat and they should come off easily (operative word being SHOULD). A hairdryer would be perfect. Get some GooGone or GoofOff to remove any residue left.

I could be wrong on this one, but with my boat, once I got a sticker started, just your hands will be fine, and the 3M wheel will be overkill. IF your stickers are older and have been on there long enough that they won't give up easily, that 3M wheel would be the perfect item. It'll all depend on what it feels like - I started/tested with one of the small stickers up on the bow, and that came off easily enough that I skipped the wheel.

If you wanna see what your boat looks like "nude", photoshop the stickers off. I'm not dynamite with it, but if you don't have a program to tinker with it, post a pic of your boat here and I'll see what I can do for you.

For the OP, your boat has the same kind of stickers mine did, and I thought they looked janky from the second I bought the boat. I think I always had it in mind that I was going to remove them, because they hid the blue of my boat that I love so much. Everyone has their own opinions, so if you want to spend the money replacing them, that's your choice. I like mine a lot better with them off.

IMG_20190819_172807438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200730_170456300_HDR.jpg

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I prefer a clean look too...one of the reasons I liked the 212 series, no flashy graphics.