• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamahas New Keel

SMOKEHOUSE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am not an electrical engineer but in boats that have metal underwater such as this keel aa electrical process happens called electrolysis.This process degrades the metal parts to a point of disintegration. I am sure Yamaha engineers took this into consideration but this forum has such knowledgeable members could anyone comment on this metal keel and the possibility of electrolysis .

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
the jets on Yamaha boats are also metal, as are the buckets to switch between forward and reverse.. I have not seen any noticeable deterioration. You will see a build up of deposits but there are many products to clean it off without too much difficulty..Pretty much all of the hardware is stainless steel so there is not problem with rusting or deterioration with the hardware.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They just put anodes on the stuff. It works and it's simple. Don't know if they have a specific one for the rudders though.