• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

York County, Chesapeake Bay meets York River

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi everyone! We the live in Newport News, Va and put in 5 mins away in York County across from Tabb H.S. We run from the ramp in York County to Gloucester Point(just east of coleman bridge) to Sarah's Creek. We also frequent Surf Rider in Poquoson. We are always looking for families/couples who want to get together and relax on the water.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great area. Glad to have you on board.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im from Newport News and lived there until about 4 years ago. I am in Charlotte, NC now and boat on Lake Wylie and Norman. Have you made the trek to the Tiki Bar on the Eastern Shore yet? We used to go over there often in a buddy's Regulator.

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No we haven't but we have been talking about it for a while now. Hopefully this summer we will make it.

PoquosonDad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep my Yammi at the Surfrider in Poquoson during parts of the season and up at Dare Marina in Dare (York Co) some too. We live in Poquoson and usually we boat with myself, wife, and 2 toddlers amongst friends. That is the nicest ramp for that creek and is nice that far up the creek except having to silence the alarm often. When you get out of the creek, where you can see the mouth of Chisman Creek to the left and Poquoson River on the right, there is a duck blind in front of the house with the metal roof. That is a popular sandbar nicknamed the 'redneck Rivera' that usually has about 100 boats anchored there on the weekends... the water in about 3 feet deep and sandy so nice spot to relax. Hmm, I could go on but probably should just chat about a meetup. Send me a message and lets meetup this spring.

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think I may have seen you last year near the duck blind. You had a boat full if I remember correctly. Of coarse we are always keeping an eye out for any yammies. The only thing I hate about that spot is the random jellyfish with the surprise attack. Other than that, its a cool spot. I always thought it would be interesting to bring some of those tall adirondack chairs and plug them in the sand. Hauling them to and from would suck though! If this weather would ever warm up I will be sure to pass the word when we plan to head out & hope to share a cold beverage or two with the fam!

dtcjr115

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Live in Chesapeake close to the NC line. Would be interested in a meet. Normally boat with the wife, and sons family that include 3 children 2,6,7. They love the tubes

dtcjr115

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im from Newport News and lived there until about 4 years ago. I am in Charlotte, NC now and boat on Lake Wylie and Norman. Have you made the trek to the Tiki Bar on the Eastern Shore yet? We used to go over there often in a buddy's Regulator.
Where is the Tiki Bar located on the Eastern Shore?

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I might be moving to FT Eustis at the end of the year. If the Army move me to Newport News, I will definitely going to need some suggestions on boating locations and boat storage. I should find out sometime this summer. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
In the meantime, I'll ask around about storage options in this area. Plenty of places on the southside(va beach). Mine fits in the garage so it's not on my radar normally.

PoquosonDad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dare marina has a nice indoor dry storage with 15-minute call ahead launch. It is about 10-15 min away from base depending on traffic on 17. They also have filed storage for trailer or boat on trailer... But do not have a ramp. I keep my boat there indoors 6 months (and keep the trailer at my office) and at home 6 months.

If you come to VA, we are game for a meetup.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well, it's official. We're moving to FT Eustis this September. I hope to find a good place to live and hopefully an indoor storage for my Yammie. The wife and I are excited with our new Army adventure. We have been at FT Cambell KY since 99 and are leaving a great area for boating, partying, many friends and great memories. We're looking forward to make new ones in VA. See y'all soon.
:winkingthumbsup"

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jr15g .. Great area.. You'll love it. Good luck with the move.