• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CEL and stop engine message on a 2022 252 FSH

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The dvsr closes at 13.4 of I’m not mistaken and opens at 12.8. Your meter, the boat Orr your personal one? Could be off a couple of tenths which explain why the light is on.

This is one reason wiring the dvsr off of the switched side of either the house or start is a good idea. If your start battery is a flooded lead acid then it’s resting voltage is lower than an AGM so it will discharge into that battery when the dvsr is closed.
In looking at the diagram it would appear yamaha chose to not utilize the ignition switch to turn the dvsr on. It is on all the time. Which makes sense from a storage stand point, if both batteries have the same charge profile. One charger would charge both batteries the way Yamaha has it set up.
Pros and cons both ways.

On another note. I just recently finished my installation of the Seakeeper RIDE system. It is everything I was hoping it would be. I will be doing a separate thread about it soon.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How many watts is the solar charger?
Depending on the size of the solar panel, it may or may not be charging your house battery up fully, and that will lead to a bit of a death spiral if it is just a maintainer. The most the engines together will put out is roughly 26 amps, but lead acid batteries will not fully charge from the alternators on board, and would take a really long time to do so, they need to be fully charged. If you install a Victron smart shunt on the house battery you will be able to see how much power is being used and how much power gets put back by your solar charger. The Simrad and Hummind together are probably using roughly 6 amps continuous, the live well about 3A’s, but the electric down rigger when in pulling up probably uses around 10-15A I would guess. I’d say your best bet there would be to set up your house battery with quick disconnects on each terminal to the house battery could be removed and brought back to the Casa and fully charged after each use.

What size is the battery? Group 25 or 27/31? Are they flooded or AGM?

Do you have an onboard battery charger? There have been a few folks who have bought Jackery boxes to supply power to their on board chargers.

I don’t think the house battery going low will affect things too much, but depending on the state of health of your start battery that could be an issue as well. It might not be a bad idea to get both batteries out, bring them home and charge them up fully on a charger that is at least 10A per battery.
Just heard back from the guy that owns yhe storage garage. The panels are 10 watts. I new they were small, but that almost useless.
I'm thinking at least 300 watts

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just heard back from the guy that owns yhe storage garage. The panels are 10 watts. I new they were small, but that almost useless.
I'm thinking at least 300 watts
10 watts is .69A that’s just a maintainer. 300 watts is 20A peak amps and that would be the minimum you’d need to charge two batteries as most solar panels never deliver the advertised amount, and lead acid batteries usually have an eight hour absorption charge after the bulk charge.

Last edited: