• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing 255 FSH SP E

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New boat owner here. Have watched a couple of videos regarding this. Just wanted to see what some of you are doing.

Do you use soap while flushing the engine or just water???

Watched multiple videos and only some of the guys are using soap.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New boat owner here. Have watched a couple of videos regarding this. Just wanted to see what some of you are doing.

Do you use soap while flushing the engine or just water???

Watched multiple videos and only some of the guys are using soap.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
No soap for me.

REMEMBER, ENGINE ON FIRST THEN TURN ON WATER. WHEN FINISHED TURN OFF WATER FIRST THEN ENGINE.

The following is my understanding how one is supposed to use salt away. Read instructions first.

If you are going to be running in salt water, get a jug of salt away with the hose end adapter. Salt away comes with instructions for best use of their product. Basically, after salt water use, flush engines thoroughly with fresh water Using the salt away hose adapter, then turn the knob on the hose end adapter so the water hose injects the salt away that you put into the reservoir before you started. Once you see the blue foam coming out of the exhaust port shut the water off then the engine and leave the salt away product in the engine. This will dissolve any salt that is in the engine.

There is also a procedure to remove salt that is packed on. Again, read instructions.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No soap for me.

REMEMBER, ENGINE ON FIRST THEN TURN ON WATER. WHEN FINISHED TURN OFF WATER FIRST THEN ENGINE.

The following is my understanding how one is supposed to use salt away. Read instructions first.

If you are going to be running in salt water, get a jug of salt away with the hose end adapter. Salt away comes with instructions for best use of their product. Basically, after salt water use, flush engines thoroughly with fresh water Using the salt away hose adapter, then turn the knob on the hose end adapter so the water hose injects the salt away that you put into the reservoir before you started. Once you see the blue foam coming out of the exhaust port shut the water off then the engine and leave the salt away product in the engine. This will dissolve any salt that is in the engine.

There is also a procedure to remove salt that is packed on. Again, read instructions.
I bought Salty Captain already but it seems about 50% of people just flush their engines with water. I was just wondering if the Salty Captain engine flush was good for a jet boat engine or any other product of that matter. thanks for your input.

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Water for me. I’ll probably run a little vinegar through it once a season

rjlwry0119

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like to use Salty Captain. I just bought a 2022 Yamah 255 FSH used with a few hours on it. I cannot locate the flush hoses. Were yours stored in a compartment or did they come in kit that was given when you purchased the boat?

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like to use Salty Captain. I just bought a 2022 Yamah 255 FSH used with a few hours on it. I cannot locate the flush hoses. Were yours stored in a compartment or did they come in kit that was given when you purchased the boat?
I had to purchase the flush hoses. it is very easy to do though on this boat

coryocon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you guys had any issues using salty captain flush on your 255 FSH motors? Any tips, tricks, or instructions on how you do this with the salty captain would be helpful. I have only used water for the past year. Thanks.