• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gantlin Fatsac fell off the back!!

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So last weekend we were out surfing and when I turned around to pick up the rider, the bag slowly started to roll and then fell into the water. Never to be seen again. Has anyone had this happen? We have been surfing every weekend since late march and this has never been a concern.

bag is for a 242 and boat is a 2017 242 LSE

My guess is somehow the bag was scrunched at the bottom and made it top heavy. Any advice so I don't lose another one this year?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wasn't tied?

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wasn't tied?
Not tied on.

I fully accept it was my fault and obviously did something wrong when filling it up. But Ive also never tied it on in the last 4 months and haven't had an issue. I have a spar bag so its not the end of the world. My question is just trying to gauge if this has happened to anyone else.

I do question if tying it would have saved it. I have a feeling it would have ripped the handles off anyway.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You've been lucky the past 4 months. Definitely need to be tied/strapped on somehow. Just think of putting something on the open tailgate of your truck, driving around and hoping that it stays in place as you drive off, go around corners and go over bumps. Same principal

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You've been lucky the past 4 months. Definitely need to be tied/strapped on somehow. Just think of putting something on the open tailgate of your truck, driving around and hoping that it stays in place as you drive off, go around corners and go over bumps. Same principal
No doubt Ive been lucky. I just went on to the gantlin website to check out how he does it.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do question if tying it would have saved it. I have a feeling it would have ripped the handles off anyway.
Tied on and fully filled to its max. As once filled to max, it will not scrunch up, it holds it's shape and keeps the majority of the weight up on the seat, so it should not roll.

Yes, you have been lucky up to this point.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
reminds me of "the front fell off"

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You guys are too much! Thanks for all the reminders. Yes I know Im a dumba** but I haven't sunk her yet. Im going to guess it wasn't situated right on the platform, because if there was air in it it surely would have come up at some point. But.......She gone to the bottom to see Davey Jones.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Someone the other day said they were going to start tying a buoy to the handles, just in case.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So last weekend we were out surfing and when I turned around to pick up the rider, the bag slowly started to roll and then fell into the water. Never to be seen again. Has anyone had this happen? We have been surfing every weekend since late march and this has never been a concern.

bag is for a 242 and boat is a 2017 242 LSE

My guess is somehow the bag was scrunched at the bottom and made it top heavy. Any advice so I don't lose another one this year?
Bayouwater, I'd be happy to do a retrieval dive for you, but the chances I'm in your neck of the woods are slim. Are you near Chattanooga by chance? Your user name tells me "no" :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
can you attach one of these floating markers to it so if the bag did fall in you would know where it went I would assume it is floating just under the water actually, being full of water would not weigh much if it is in the water.

Attachments

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had one of our 800lb. bags break loose and roll off the rear platform. After picking up our surfer, we were able to locate/retrieve the bag floating just beneath the water level.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@tabbibus ,

Sweet baby Jesus I just spit coffee out my nose and mouth laughing so hard!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That was hysterical

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and if you're lucky enough to find your bag that rolled off the boat you're never going to lift it back on and trying to drain it is impossible,

secure it somehow with a rope so it doesn't float away and then hook your tube inflater to the top and it will pump the water out another opening,