• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought a 2023 252 today, new to the Yamaha family...

yammieboy450

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Rather out of character for me, but bought a 252 today with only a few days research. Sold our old boat in under a week which was much larger (over double the length of this 252) and while waiting to see what the market does needed to get out and get wet for a season or maybe two before the next bigger boat purchase and have always liked Yamaha products. Ran them for decades as far as scooters down south, outboards down south (2 stroke enduro not sure even available in North America) and up north four stroke outboards and just like the brand. Quality in my opinion.

That said unsure if I purchased at a fair price or not, anyone care to comment on what actual buying price is for a 2023, will be year old model by the time I use it next spring. Managed to knock a few K off the ask and have all in as well, no freight, PDI or other added padding to the dealer. Being told this is invoice pricing by the selling dealer. Hope this to be true!

Few questions on audio as an audio guy that put together some awesome systems with much room for big speakers and amps, and batteries to run them, does this OEM 6 speaker sound decent? Anyone know the watts per channel from this wetsounds AMP? are all speakers the same? what is their watts and size, look smaller than say a 6.5 from first glance. Think it will be an all or nothing with the audio. Run it for a while and if feel not enough just replace it all at same time. With this OEM system and at idle speed does the engine stators throw off enough amps to not move the house battery into a discharge state? They seem so small from my brief time on one the other day would not think they would last long at anchor engines off or am I wrong? Hope wrong!

Thanks in advance for any insight, sure have many questions as I get running the thing but for now thought I would post my buy, looks like a fun boat that checks most of the boxes. That stern area is not an area to avoid as with most outboard powered CC models, but an area to shut down the mains and enjoy, very impressed with the stern overall. Be getting those seats that go underwater when they become available, what a great idea. Great ideas all over this boat from bow to stern. Good job by Yamaha, nothing else compared, let alone the price.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Rather out of character for me, but bought a 252 today with only a few days research. Sold our old boat in under a week which was much larger (over double the length of this 252) and while waiting to see what the market does needed to get out and get wet for a season or maybe two before the next bigger boat purchase and have always liked Yamaha products. Ran them for decades as far as scooters down south, outboards down south (2 stroke enduro not sure even available in North America) and up north four stroke outboards and just like the brand. Quality in my opinion.

That said unsure if I purchased at a fair price or not, anyone care to comment on what actual buying price is for a 2023, will be year old model by the time I use it next spring. Managed to knock a few K off the ask and have all in as well, no freight, PDI or other added padding to the dealer. Being told this is invoice pricing by the selling dealer. Hope this to be true!

Few questions on audio as an audio guy that put together some awesome systems with much room for big speakers and amps, and batteries to run them, does this OEM 6 speaker sound decent? Anyone know the watts per channel from this wetsounds AMP? are all speakers the same? what is their watts and size, look smaller than say a 6.5 from first glance. Think it will be an all or nothing with the audio. Run it for a while and if feel not enough just replace it all at same time. With this OEM system and at idle speed does the engine stators throw off enough amps to not move the house battery into a discharge state? They seem so small from my brief time on one the other day would not think they would last long at anchor engines off or am I wrong? Hope wrong!

Thanks in advance for any insight, sure have many questions as I get running the thing but for now thought I would post my buy, looks like a fun boat that checks most of the boxes. That stern area is not an area to avoid as with most outboard powered CC models, but an area to shut down the mains and enjoy, very impressed with the stern overall. Be getting those seats that go underwater when they become available, what a great idea. Great ideas all over this boat from bow to stern. Good job by Yamaha, nothing else compared, let alone the price.
Welcome and congrats on the new boat!

I’m not sure what the draw of the stereo is but I have measured the output of the TR-1 engines in my boat alternator output at roughly 13 Amps each / 26 Amps total current flowing into my house battery when the battery is low at 3500 rpm on each engine. At idle they’re putting off roughly 7A each 14A total. Be mindful of the engine exhaust when idling and the boat is sitting still due to carbon monoxide risk on the swim platform.

The swim platform is a great area on these boats for sure!

yammieboy450

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
great info, thanks, the stator throws off much more than I thought for output, 26 amps total is decent at 3500rpm, I would have guessed much lower but have no experience other than when a kid with a PWC when all you wanted it to do was start. pre tunes, ha.