• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charger Receptacle Mounting Location

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just picked up my 2022 252SD and want to install a Noco 10x2 charger. On my 2017 SX240 I installed the port next to the gas cap and came out in the battery compartment. Does anyone have a picture of where they installed their plug in a newer boat. It looks like it can go near the center cleat but I want to be double sure before I go drilling a hole in my new boat. Thank you in advance.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Why not put it inside the boat somewhere?

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I am going to look inside for an area to install the plug, that might be a good option. The old boat with the receptacle outside was extremely convenient.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am going to look inside for an area to install the plug, that might be a good option. The old boat with the receptacle outside was extremely convenient.
My dealer wanted to put mine on the swim deck. It’s on the starboard side upper level next to the rear speaker. 242 The charger itself is in the starboard compartment in the cabin next to the batteries.

It’s nice not having to get in the boat to plug it in. I can reach it from the ground.

My old 210 had one by the gas cap. That was handy too, but for long term I always felt like I was putting a lot of strain on the end of the cord and the cover.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thank you, my cord definitely strained after I put the mooring cover on it. My batteries are now located in the engine compartment but the battery switches are located in the storage space behind the port chair. I'll make a decision soon but I was hoping someone might have a picture of their location before i move on.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you, my cord definitely strained after I put the mooring cover on it. My batteries are now located in the engine compartment but the battery switches are located in the storage space behind the port chair. I'll make a decision soon but I was hoping someone might have a picture of their location before i move on.
This is a pic of my air inflator that I installed. But, the noco receptacle is in the same spot on the opposite side of the boat. 'Course, your swim desk is going to be a little different than mine.

IMG_5008.jpg

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
wow, that is a place I never would have thought of. I will look around and report back when I install my plug. Thank you for the food for thought.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I prefer the gas cap location personally. I picked up a 90 degree plug adapter to alleviate strain on the cord and cover. I'm often an idiot and forget to plug it in before the cover is on, and its nice to be able to reach in through the gas cap flap to plug it in.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That was kinda my thought. It's a good visual before I toe the boat. I think I will go closer to the stern though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Something to consider before you drill, if you keep your boat in a wet slip with shore power it helps to have the charging receptacle on the same side as the shore power and close to it. I figured this out last year when I rented a slip in which the power was at the starboard bow where as my receptacle is at the port stern. As such my conversion cable for shore power is longer and more expensive.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I trailer my boat the 3 miles trip Lake George. I like to keep the boat pristine. I then connect the charger to my outdoor outlet which is right there.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Something to consider before you drill, if you keep your boat in a wet slip with shore power it helps to have the charging receptacle on the same side as the shore power and close to it. I figured this out last year when I rented a slip in which the power was at the starboard bow where as my receptacle is at the port stern. As such my conversion cable for shore power is longer and more expensive.
Same here. Ours sits on a lift with the dock on the starboard side. So it works out well having the NOCO outlet on that side to plug in while on the lift.

I ordered one for my fishing boat. But then realized, if I am going into the boat anyway, then I can just plug it into the charger. The convenience of the outlet only saves me from opening seats, which is still nice.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here. Ours sits on a lift with the dock on the starboard side. So it works out well having the NOCO outlet on that side to plug in while on the lift.

I ordered one for my fishing boat. But then realized, if I am going into the boat anyway, then I can just plug it into the charger. The convenience of the outlet only saves me from opening seats, which is still nice.
I forgot that the charger cable lengths also dictate where you can install the charging receptacle. That is the leads from the charger to the batteries are only 3’ or 4’ long and the leads from the charger to charging port are only about 6’ long, at least on my guest and nook charger anyway.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I forgot that the charger cable lengths also dictate where you can install the charging receptacle. That is the leads from the charger to the batteries are only 3’ or 4’ long and the leads from the charger to charging port are only about 6’ long, at least on my guest and nook charger anyway.
This is a good point. Noco makes the GCP outlets in multiple lengths. Order the one that works for you.

GCP AC Ports (no.co)

16", 6', 12' and 18" with two outlets

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I was going to mount it in the compartment right behind the battery. There is a nice piece of composite wood there that i want to use.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was going to mount it in the compartment right behind the battery. There is a nice piece of composite wood there that i want to use.
At this point, you have to ask yourself the question, why? The main purpose of the outlet with a water resistant cap is to get easy access to the plug without going into a cabinet. If you are just going to put it in the cabinet, why not just plug your cord into the charger cord that is laying right there?

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Nah, sorry. The plug is going on the port side just above the port storage compartment. The charger will go inside that compartment attached to the fiber board in there. The batteries are just behind that board in the engine compartment. There is a little path I can use to snake the wires through to connect to the batteries. Waiting for my son to come so I can have some emotional support as I drill through the fiberglass :)