• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cruise assist help

centurysouth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We have a 2023 Yamaha 195s and I was hoping people on this thread might have experience with the Cruise Assist. My assumption is that the cruise assist should act like a cruise control in the car and maintain the speed of when it’s set so you don’t have to worry about the throttle? When I activate it, it says Cruise assist 1,2 etc but I still need to hold the throttle or it will stop . Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have a 2023 Yamaha 195s and I was hoping people on this thread might have experience with the Cruise Assist. My assumption is that the cruise assist should act like a cruise control in the car and maintain the speed of when it’s set so you don’t have to worry about the throttle? When I activate it, it says Cruise assist 1,2 etc but I still need to hold the throttle or it will stop . Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help
Is the throttle handle falling back to idle ahead? When that happens the cruise assist gets cancelled. So, you will need to tighten the tension screw under the little pop out panel at the base of the throttle binacle. It will be the slotted screw not the Phillips. Tighten it in 1/4 turn increments clockwise until you get some mild tension on it. You may have to make some adjustments on the water to get it where you like.

The cruise assist is different from a cars cruise control in that the cruise assist just alters the rpms and holds them there.

What I do is set the throttle to 6500 rpms, solidly on plane, and then use the cruise assist up or down to set the desired speed. You have 17 settings, 8 down, 8 up, and the point at which you started.

Last edited:

centurysouth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes it falls back. Boat slows down

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes it falls back. Boat slows down
Then that is your problem. Adjust the tension screw a little bit at a time until the throttle stays put and you will not have an issue with the cruise assist.