• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Brisbane, Australia

shortroyd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi, just wanted to thank everyone for this forum, it has been incredibly helpful on my jet boat journey!

I have a 2023 Yamaha 252SD, ordered the 2022 late in 2021 but eventually the order was bumped to a 2023 model which was worth the wait because we got the color choices we want. Boat finally arrived in April and doing the 10 hour service tomorrow

I am in Brisbane, Australia. Yamaha sell a ton of outboards here but don’t sell the jets, so I had to work with a local importer to bring one from the US. It was a journey getting here - bought from a dealer in Washington state, trucked down to LA. Squashed into a container and shipped where it went to Panama and then changed to another ship and over to Brisbane.

We boat on the Brisbane river which is lots of fun though some days there is lots of debris and on every trip so far something gets stuck in the impeller! Have also taken it out to Moreton Bay and up to Redcliffe via the Brisbane river. Next trip is to see the wrecks at Tangalooma, and ultimately want to get comfortable doing the trip up to Noosa (over water).

Being in Australia the only issues so far is that the map doesn’t work on the connext - I guess Yamaha doesn’t provide maps for this region. Otherwise everything works well. Getting Yamalube oil and the oil filters locally is easy, I guess because the Waverunners use the same. Not sure how I will go if spare parts are needed though - probably shipping will take a few weeks.

So far I have done some easy upgrades on the boat - no big holes yet though.
  1. Added an iPad mount so I can use an iPad with Navionics to make up for the lack of map coverage on the connext. Using a RAM mount bolted into the dash area.
  2. Upgraded the USB port to one that provides USB-C PD to power the iPad better
  3. Upgraded the driver seat to be height adjustable - luckily the hole pattens were perfect
  4. Changed the latch on the storage behind the driver from the plastic one to a stainless steel one with a lock, so if we dock at a marina for lunch we can put valuables in there and lock it.
  5. A small noise proofing improvemen by adding some garage door rubber to the engine hatch.
Still to go:
  • Cobra Jet Steering fins - waiting on postage. To get from where we keep the boat to Moreton Bay we drive the boat through the Brisbane CBD stretch of the river, and right now there is a lot of bridge construction happening so there is a 6 knot limit - and the boat is all over the place. Hoping this will fix that plus help when we tackle the Noosa bar crossings later in the year
  • Switching the back swim deck cushions to marine mats from JetBoatPilot - again waiting on postage.
  • More noise proofing
A few pictures in case anyone is interested.

USB port upgrade

B858E6EA-1D0A-464A-9386-45B60E83D950.jpeg

Lockable storage

993A5825-117C-4A1C-AB91-1B80FF1A064C.jpeg

Docked at Redcliffe marina for lunch and refuel

8F6F33FD-5CEC-49F0-B8A4-D05CBDC5EDBD.jpeg

Crossing under the Gateway Bridge

130412A4-41C9-472C-A6BC-FAD64F6D0E7E.jpeg

Through Brisbane CBD

C177043E-0CC4-4C28-9191-0738EFA71F06.jpeg

The red cliffs of Redcliffe

3C7BA941-438C-4A76-AF75-E6B642A65A99.jpeg

iPad mount

DF76E99A-6089-4B92-B222-5F36F916B181.jpeg

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi, just wanted to thank everyone for this forum, it has been incredibly helpful on my jet boat journey!

I have a 2023 Yamaha 252SD, ordered the 2022 late in 2021 but eventually the order was bumped to a 2023 model which was worth the wait because we got the color choices we want. Boat finally arrived in April and doing the 10 hour service tomorrow

I am in Brisbane, Australia. Yamaha sell a ton of outboards here but don’t sell the jets, so I had to work with a local importer to bring one from the US. It was a journey getting here - bought from a dealer in Washington state, trucked down to LA. Squashed into a container and shipped where it went to Panama and then changed to another ship and over to Brisbane.

We boat on the Brisbane river which is lots of fun though some days there is lots of debris and on every trip so far something gets stuck in the impeller! Have also taken it out to Moreton Bay and up to Redcliffe via the Brisbane river. Next trip is to see the wrecks at Tangalooma, and ultimately want to get comfortable doing the trip up to Noosa (over water).

Being in Australia the only issues so far is that the map doesn’t work on the connext - I guess Yamaha doesn’t provide maps for this region. Otherwise everything works well. Getting Yamalube oil and the oil filters locally is easy, I guess because the Waverunners use the same. Not sure how I will go if spare parts are needed though - probably shipping will take a few weeks.

So far I have done some easy upgrades on the boat - no big holes yet though.
  1. Added an iPad mount so I can use an iPad with Navionics to make up for the lack of map coverage on the connext. Using a RAM mount bolted into the dash area.
  2. Upgraded the USB port to one that provides USB-C PD to power the iPad better
  3. Upgraded the driver seat to be height adjustable - luckily the hole pattens were perfect
  4. Changed the latch on the storage behind the driver from the plastic one to a stainless steel one with a lock, so if we dock at a marina for lunch we can put valuables in there and lock it.
  5. A small noise proofing improvemen by adding some garage door rubber to the engine hatch.
Still to go:
  • Cobra Jet Steering fins - waiting on postage. To get from where we keep the boat to Moreton Bay we drive the boat through the Brisbane CBD stretch of the river, and right now there is a lot of bridge construction happening so there is a 6 knot limit - and the boat is all over the place. Hoping this will fix that plus help when we tackle the Noosa bar crossings later in the year
  • Switching the back swim deck cushions to marine mats from JetBoatPilot - again waiting on postage.
  • More noise proofing
A few pictures in case anyone is interested.

USB port upgrade

View attachment 205714

Lockable storage

View attachment 205715

Docked at Redcliffe marina for lunch and refuel

View attachment 205716

Crossing under the Gateway Bridge

View attachment 205717

Through Brisbane CBD

View attachment 205718

The red cliffs of Redcliffe

View attachment 205719

iPad mount

View attachment 205720
You will love the CJS fins, they made a world of difference on my boat, especially because I have a single engine and Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC is great to work with. I’m sure your boat is the talk of town! Congrats!!

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mate,

Great job on getting the boat there! Just goes to show if there’s a will there’s a way.

On your low speed wandering, are you using the TDE position on your throttles and no wake mode? In no wake mode position #3 and the throttles in TDE position your boat should get around 5 mph and the steering response will be brisk.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to have you aboard.

shortroyd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
On your low speed wandering, are you using the TDE position on your throttles and no wake mode? In no wake mode position #3 and the throttles in TDE position your boat should get around 5 mph and the steering response will be brisk.
Thanks for the tip! We tried it in no wake mode but I don’t think I tried the TDE position, will give it a try next time we are out.

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome!

Let us know how it goes at Moreton. We are thinking of taking ours over to Moreton or Straddie over Xmas. We boat at Noosa all the time and the bar isn't too bad. There are plenty of FB pages with drone images of the bar.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@shortroyd Welcome aboard and congrats on getting the boat down under!