• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help!YAMAHA 255xe Surfpoinet/Transducer/Stereo/Joystick problems

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
My yamaha 255XE Only 15 hours have some problem. .o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
The following failure occurred when the switch was turned on the next day.
Turn on the switch.Some alarms appear on the screen.First:Surfpoinet alarms. And then:Transducer/Stereo/Joystick/Bilge/Blower/Anchor failure alarms. Only the sound responds.
Check that there is no problem with the two PDMs behind the boat.
Go to the background of the boat system,no BCU and BALLSTER buttons.
Can anyone help with the following 😭😭😭😭so sad。
微信图片_20220806220621.jpg微信图片_20220806220624.jpg微信图片_20220806220628.jpg微信图片_20220806220632.jpg微信图片_20220806220614.jpg微信图片_20220806220610.jpg微信图片_20220806220604.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
check the ground connections at your battery first, also check the positive leads. Many folks with issues have resolved them by fixing loose grounds.

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
check the ground connections at your battery first, also check the positive leads. Many folks with issues have resolved them by fixing loose grounds.
The battery has been replaced with a new.And the battery cable was also checked

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
battery as in one battery or both?

Have you checked all the fuses?

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like something is pulling the CAN network down. It could be anything. It's possible that the remote on the back is causing it if there was a water intrusion problem. That would be the first thing i would check. There is a Deutsch connector accessable through the back cup holder. You could try unplugging it and see it things work. The radio works because it is in the display. Everything else is over CAN.

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It looks like something is pulling the CAN network down. It could be anything. It's possible that the remote on the back is causing it if there was a water intrusion problem. That would be the first thing i would check. There is a Deutsch connector accessable through the back cup holder. You could try unplugging it and see it things work. The radio works because it is in the display. Everything else is over CAN.
Is this the one in the picture?
I suspect this is also the problem, ready to disconnect the check.Nothing happens on the screen except for the audio button

Attachments

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this the one in the picture?
I suspect this is also the problem, ready to disconnect the check.Nothing happens on the screen except for the audio button
Yes, that is a CAN remote for the display. There is a pigtail with a Deutsch connector that should be accessable through the cup holder hole.

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yes, that is a CAN remote for the display. There is a pigtail with a Deutsch connector that should be accessable through the cup holder hole.
I have a 242X that is broken here, only the audio function cannot be used, everything else is normal.So I don't think it should be the problem there.
I think the bcu maybe have problem because the background bcu button is not displayed

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 242X that is broken here, only the audio function cannot be used, everything else is normal.So I don't think it should be the problem there.
I think the bcu maybe have problem because the background bcu button is not displayed
The remote is on the same network with the other devices. If it were shorted internally, it would take the whole network with it. Like I said, the radio still works because it is in the display, but the display has lost communication over CAN to everything else.

Edit:

It could be something else not powering up, but since you said the joystick on the dash isn't working either (CAN as well) , I would check for something pulling the network down.

2nd edit:

I just saw that you said a 242X above, but the original post was about a 255X. Which is it? The networks, display, and radio are different.

Last edited:

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
The remote is on the same network with the other devices. If it were shorted internally, it would take the whole network with it. Like I said, the radio still works because it is in the display, but the display has lost communication over CAN to everything else.

Edit:

It could be something else not powering up, but since you said the joystick on the dash isn't working either (CAN as well) , I would check for something pulling the network down.
The joystick is not only unresponsive, but also has no power.The right panel is also.
Thank you.I will check it.

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The joystick is not only unresponsive, but also has no power.The right panel is also.
Like others have said, if you have many things not powering up, check your batteries and fuses really well. If you haven't changed anything on the batteries since it last worked, a missing wire is less likely, but something could be loose somewhere.

Some devices wake on signal over CAN, so it can be hard to tell what's really going on without probing wires at the devices.

If all else fails, it's new, take it back to the dealer and let them chase it down.

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also,
A lot of the switches on your panel to the right are actually running to inputs on the PDM, so if it isn't powering up, they won't work. This is how you can control some features with soft keys on the screen or the button.

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm curious. Will it start?

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length

Edit:

2nd edit:

I just saw that you said a 242X above, but the original post was about a 255X. Which is it? The networks, display, and radio are different.
Is 255X have problem.242X is my friend.The remote also have water intrusion problem.But now the problem is solved

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Like others have said, if you have many things not powering up, check your batteries and fuses really well. If you haven't changed anything on the batteries since it last worked, a missing wire is less likely, but something could be loose somewhere.

Some devices wake on signal over CAN, so it can be hard to tell what's really going on without probing wires at the devices.

If all else fails, it's new, take it back to the dealer and let them chase it down.
Yes.I will check further.Thank you.It's a frustrating thing.I used it last time with no problems.:arghh:

tenl_710

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Today check remote on the back is no problem. 😢

WayneC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
tenl_710 did you ever figure out the problem? I'm experiencing similar issues with only 15 hrs on mine also.

BBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I've seen this before on my 252xe with about the same hours. It is intermittent so far and I've been able to clear it by turn key off and back on so I haven't tracked it down.