• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Happy Trails heading home.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @DCB-270 , I found a perfect beach that you and V would love. Actually, I have found several. Crystal clear water, cool water/hot day, dry air, powder fine sand, and a cold beer!
image.jpeg

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great pics Mel!!! Makes me want to check those places out some day.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just add it to your bucket list!
image.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So Mel, were you and Chester dragging the boat behind the RV when going through the National Parks?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So Mel, were you and Chester dragging the boat behind the RV when going through the National Parks?
I think they rented a car when they arrived in Page, AZ.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@buckbuck , we didn't take the coach thru the parks. We rented a mid sized suv as we pulled into Page the first day here. That's the issue of taking the boat...no car! So it was in the plan to have a car, boat, and the coach. The parks are full of RVs but larger ones like ours are a little limited as to where they can go. If the lake and boat hadn't been in the plan all along, we would have considered the idea of just a few days at Powell, and then another RV park either more in the middle or near each of the NPs. Kanab, Utah is a scenic little town close to both Bryce and Zion. But GC is over an hour from there. The speed limit is 65 out here at best. But my foot wouldn't let me stay under it, so it didn't take near as long to get from point to point.

I want to make sure that everyone knows just how spectacular this area is. It is truly a gem, and while I might have been half joking about seeing an annual gathering here, it certainly merits one for at least me! So we will be back! The parks won't be on the agenda a second time, so that will leave more to lake exploration! I can tell all of you that this lake is simply amazing. And with every turn, a new amazement arrives.

Besides making it here again next year in September again. We are serious about finding a way to retire here. There is just no reason not to that we can find...at least for a few years!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let me know when you are going again next year in September and we will try to make it up there, we normally go in late August as our Anniversary is on the 24th, but we can change things around if there is a gathering.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@buckbuck , I wanted to add that there is available help here to get most anything accomplished. Aramark has a first class operation here. I had them launch my boat and try just held on to my trailer in their staging area. Today, sth a phone call, they arrived on the ramp with my trailer and all I did was drive on. He tightened the winch and pulled the plug. I pulled the clean out plugs and attached the transom straps. And in 5 minutes, it was back at the staging area for me to back up to in the morning when we leave.

The Marina services include golf cart shuttles to and from parking to the Marina or they have ample dock carts for your use. There is a bar and grill on the dock as well as above Marina store. In addition to the campground, which is perfect, the resort is right on the lake and I am told is very nice.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@AZDANSX230HO , it would be easy to have a gathering here. It is a hike to get here for anyone, but it lends itself to every budget. It is just the perfect place IMO! Shooting for the second and 3 weeks of September but specifics later.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO , it would be easy to have a gathering here. It is a hike to get here for anyone, but it lends itself to every budget. It is just the perfect place IMO! Shooting for the second and 3 weeks of September but specifics later.
It would be a drive for some people depending on where they live for sure, luckily it's only 4 hours from my house, and I agree it's the perfect place!! If we get a gathering going I can secure a group discount with the general manager at the Days Inn in Page for those that want to stay in a hotel. It would be an epic gathering for people that have Lake Powell on their bucket list.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake gas is expensive as is most lake gas. But up the lake it's is $4+ per gallon. Here at wahweap, I'm not sure what I paid. In town, it is $2.49/gallon. Ironically, it has been $2.49ish from Texas to Arizona, along the interstate. Off the beaten path, I saw it for $2.29ish.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Epic just doesn't do the lake or the area justice. Anyone that hasn't seen it or other Arizona Nevada lakes, will be blown away.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake gas is expensive as is most lake gas. But up the lake it's is $4+ per gallon. Here at wahweap, I'm not sure what I paid. In town, it is $2.49/gallon. Ironically, it has been $2.49ish from Texas to Arizona, along the interstate. Off the beaten path, I saw it for $2.29ish.
Since we launch and retrieve each day I just fill up in town, it might be worth getting a slip next time we go as it's a lot of launching and retrieving when we go for a week.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Epic just doesn't do the lake or the area justice. Anyone that hasn't seen it or other Arizona Nevada lakes, will be blown away.
I agree, it's absolutely stunning.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have a safe trip back Mel and if you are serious about retiring in Page I know quite a few locals up there who I can get you in touch with that know everything about the area and homes.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That would be great @AZDANSX230HO . As crazy as it sounds, we thinking one of the toy barn buildings with 3 bays would be perfect. Either buy one existing or build one, and build our residence in it and still have room for the coach, boat, and car.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That would be great @AZDANSX230HO . As crazy as it sounds, we thinking one of the toy barn buildings with 3 bays would be perfect. Either buy one existing or build one, and build our residence in it and still have room for the coach, boat, and car.
My Wife does mortgages as well, so you have a friend in the business.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking of doing a gathering at LP last year but life got in the way (lot of things, purchasing a new home, etc). LP is THE destination for us in the real Midwest.