• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
image.jpeg
I'm really not that bald, the wind had my hair slicked back and thinned out:winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Caution, no amount of sunscreen keeps your lips and nose from burning...even under a hat!

I remember a guy, who's wife was a professional photographer, can't recall his name. He posted hundreds of spectacular pics on the other forum of Powell. Since those photos, I fell in love with this area and had to see it. If my feeble pics get to you like his did to me, do yourself a favor and make the effort, even though it is distant and remote, to get here in your lifetime. I just can't express how incredible this entire area is. There are about a dozen national parks and monuments in driving or boating distance from this very spot. So I hope everyone can find a way to come here. You can go upscale, midrange, or do it on the cheap. It isn't out of reach to anyone, but it will take effort, because it is in the middle of a desert! I want to say too, that the climate is incredible. I am not a lover of Phoenix, no offense to anyone, it is just too hot, dry or not. But here, the temp rarely reaches but a few degrees above 100 for a short period in the summer. And it too is dry. But being a high desert in the almost 4000' elevations, it cools at night and is really a great climate.

Full hookups in the Lake Powell Resort, Wahweap RV and Campground, is $44 a day, for a very nice spot. There is also a campground in Page, that I hear is also very nice at less. Anyway, this should be on everyone's radar!
image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would LOVE to go there and boat one day before I die lol. Are there any sandy beaches or are all of them rocky bottom?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
More sheer sandstone rock walls than anything, but with erosion from wind, water, and time, there are sand beaches tucked away in corners all over the place. You just have to get away from the sheer walls to find them. I think I posted this from yesterday. It was a beautiful sand beach. As a general rule, I don't beach my boat. But this was soft and not an issue.
image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Notice that last shot...Slide Anchor Shore Spike baby!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There are rental boats of every size, from jet skis, wake boats, to 80' houseboats. But trust me, hauling your boat 2000 miles will be cheaper!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
This is taken in the upper antelope canyon. The navajo's have numerous tours of these. They are beautiful, but on a windy day, a bit of a sandblasting getting to and from the. Several hours of climbing through them seeing these amazing light dancing on the sandstone walls. Flash floods can rage water though these at 70mph. So they are very careful about weather. But the crowds are intense. We waited two hours as we didn't get a reservation.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@txav8r
We were in the Upper Antelope Slot Canyon this past April!
That place was one of my favorite spots.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It was too jamb packed to suit me. I can't imagine in the summer. I bet April was great! The more I hear others talk about this place, then longer the wonderful season is. Retirement is looking good here! And I get to keep my boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yesterday, we rafter down the Colorado from the base of the glen canyon dam, after the two mile bus ride dropping 700' inside the tunnel to the service deck of the dam.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how was the rafting trip? worth it?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Today, a helicopter ride across Navajo canyon, and up to tower butte...and landed on it!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Scottintexas Raft trip was just a flat water float but full of detail and so scenic.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The helicopter ride was short but amazing!

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang! You guys sure are living the dream right now!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ha ha @farrelltravis , I'm trying to decide if I've done it all and can leave this world or decide what the # 2 Bucket List item is! Pretty amazing place here. How much and such a variety in an easily accessible area.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just because you did your number one bucket list does NOT give you the right to keel over! (pun intended)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always thought that thing was hollow because Airwolf would land inside it!!!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The helicopter ride was short but amazing!
That would not be a bad retirement job... Lake Powell Helicopter Tour Pilot. Just saying...