• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@MeaCulpaAR210 , here is my saga and final reward thread in Powell! Welcome aboard! And it would be great to pick your brain about Powell when your not trying to set up!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome pictures Mel! They definitely inspire me to try and make this trip someday.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
How long you staying?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Until the 22nd or 23rd, or the wallet is empty or were exhausted!

We made the run to rainbow bridge today!!! 50 miles up at wot in 1:08. But it is no wake speed for about 15 minutes. Coming back @DCB-270 , we had 25 mph winds and couldn't run but 25 to 40 mph depending on waves...took about 2 hours comin back. We are wind blown but loved the trip. Btw, the bridge is the largest natural bridge in the world. It is 290' high and 285' long. It is massive and the ride into it is spectacular.
image.jpeg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a nice trip up to Rainbow Bridge, and it is beautiful. Did you guys stop by Dangling Rope Marina while you were up there?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since you are going to be there quite awhile, a little further up the lake from Rainbow Bridge is Reflection Canyon, it's worth the trip. The picture I am attaching is from Google, when the water is low it looks like the picture, so with the higher lake levels it's still awesome, but not as great as this picture.

reflection.jpg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
rfcanyon.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have discussed going up to the escalate arm. So reflection canyon is doable. The rise to rainbow...stunning and just incredible.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh, forgot...yes, stopped for gas, ice cream, and the tee shirt at dangling rope marina! Now that's some pricy gas!!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have discussed going up to the escalate arm. So reflection canyon is doable. The rise to rainbow...stunning and just incredible.
There is some great fishing in the Escalante River Arm. There is a lot of magic to Lake Powell, we have two favorite places in this World, Lake Powell & Hawaii.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, forgot...yes, stopped for gas, ice cream, and the tee shirt at dangling rope marina! Now that's some pricy gas!!!
Ice Cream is pretty darn good at the Marina, it was a favorite stop when our kids were younger, plus they liked feeding the massive carp around the docks. Gas is pricey there, back when gas prices were extremely high I think we paid close to $ 7.00 a gallon :eek:

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
AZDAN - or ANY OTHER MEMBER - is now a good time to go to powell?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
AZDAN - or ANY OTHER MEMBER - is now a good time to go to powell?
August & September is a great time to go to Lake Powell. In August you might encounter the tail end of the Monsoons, these storms turn the Lake into an Ocean, @txav8r is experiencing some great weather right now in September, except the wind today. When we were up there for a week towards late August we had three good days of boating and two days of bad weather, it's a coin toss with our Monsoon Season in Arizona.

@Retired37 we are thinking of planning a 2017 Trip for the forum members, let me know if you want to go.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tossing the thought around for September 29, 30 and Oct 1, 2016. I still need to check the water level and lodging costs (any recommendations on lodging?)

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tossing the thought around for September 29, 30 and Oct 1, 2016. I still need to check the water level and lodging costs (any recommendations on lodging?)
Days Inn in Page, call and ask for Becky the General Manager, tell her you are a friend of mine (Dan Pilgrim ), ask her if she can extend the rate I get of 129.00 a night. Water levels should be fine, it might be a bit cooler towards the end of the month, but still nice.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Retired37 , I couldn't think that there could be a better time to see and enjoy Lake Powell. Highs in mid 80's and lows in the mid 60's. Water temps range from 77 in deep water to around 79 close to shore on a graduated shoreline. Most shoreline drops off abruptly so 77/78 is what we see. It has been clear and rain free with a few clouds in the afternoons. It has been calm until last night when the winds picked up to about 15 mph. Today they were gusty to 25ish. The water is clear, uncannily clear. I put on a dive mask and was watching fish in the two to three foot range at what had to be 25' below me on a shelf in a narrow ricer channel that was over 300' deep. The crowds of summer are less this time of year but it doesn't appear that there is any less available activities. The dinner cruise stopped on September 6th but all the things we have even the slightest interest in are still available. Weather patterns ebb and flow, and if a guy can make the run to rainbow bridge and back today, I am thinking even today was perfect! I wouldn't want the 100 degree days of August, September and October seems to be a very good time to me. I am guessing that the water temp will chill a bit with passing weeks but once we are in, it is great. Hope this helps!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang, Mel! These are some awesome pics! I am really glad you guys are able to get out and see it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I claimed it for us! The first annual gathering beach!
Enjoy! @Bruce uploaded the video and again to make it higher definition of you didn't see it. The bandwidth out here is weak. Thanks Bruce!

Last edited: