• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If I only had some fling wing time!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Our pilot was a young married guy, still in the reserves, flew army active and still flies Blackhawks. He didn't have any fixed wing time.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Have y'all noticed that suave look I'm sporting, just like all the guys with the week old stubble! Unfortunately, it didn't shave off a few years, I'm still 60! :D

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Enjoy Mel. We should all move out there.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys are living it up and doing all the best adventures up there! Work hard and play hard is what everyone should do.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have y'all noticed that suave look I'm sporting, just like all the guys with the week old stubble! Unfortunately, it didn't shave off a few years, I'm still 60! :D
just like my wife tells me after a few days, "it doesn't work anymore, now you just look like a homeless, ax murderer",

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Zion National Park is absolutely stunning, we went there during our last trip to Lake Powell.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Bryce Canyon National Park...extrodanary and spectacular.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We really enjoyed Bryce a few months ago. Great trip Mel!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks! We are having an amazing time. Funny how when the coach works like it should, things go better! We are discussing leaving here early, and going up past Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef Nat. Parks, and staying overnight at Arches Nat. Park. Then heading home via Denver. But we don't want to leave here and maybe another long trek on the lake?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Today, we made the trek to the north rim of th Grand Canyon. I had seen the south rim but we are glad to experience the different flavor of he north. Also today, horseshoe bend and th Vermillion Cliffs.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
here I am, just prepping for the trip back home. And in the service yard, where my trailer is sitting, at Lake Powell, I discovered I have a broken Bunk board! So I'm off to page lumber, for an 8 foot 2 x 6. I'll pull the original carpet and re-staple it and install the buckboard and I'll be good for the trip home. Looks like something I'll have to replace all bunk boards and all carpet here pretty quick. Just glad I found it.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
here I am, just prepping for the trip back home. And in the service yard, where my trailer is sitting, at Lake Powell, I discovered I have a broken Bunk board! So I'm off to page lumber, for an 8 foot 2 x 6. I'll pull the original carpet and re-staple it and install the buckboard and I'll be good for the trip home. Looks like something I'll have to replace all bunk boards and all carpet here pretty quick. Just glad I found it.
That could have been bad! Glad you found it before trailering! Hopefully no one double parked your trailer in the parking lot!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good catch, also double check the lag bolts on the rest of the bunks while you are fixing the one, those bolts like to come loose after several years of trailering.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey Mel....If that's the worst thing that happens on your trip you are in pretty good shape!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Zarrella , you are spot on there! I did have to get the mooring/trail wring cover reinforced as, as my center noodle came off enroute and the windshield bumper rubbed a weak spot in it. But so far, this year has been night and day from last year. We have really covered the ground. We have decided against heading up to Moab and the NP's up there. And we plan to head back a few days early to just take it easy going home. Sure appreciate everyone's support, ideas, and friendships!