• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@buckbuck Chester is 7. We worry everyday and try to enjoy him everyday, because we know. He is the best boxer we have ever had (had 4), and actually the best dog. He is here at Antilope point having ice water while we have w margarita!
image.jpg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a great marina, enjoy!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh yeah, for you river boaters...Jetboats work just as well with more river under you!
image.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ha! I typically boat in 1/100 that depth. How long is your anchor rope?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's kinda a personal question @buckbuck , 150' but it ain't long enough for the channels, that's for sure!!! I found a nice sand beach and set in 25' and backed to the beach, set the shore spike. Perfect!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had forgotten what a PIA installing dock lines, fenders, and the cover...and I had a system I used before. The slip is 30'x12'. So it's a bit of a challenge and...they only have 30A shore power with stinky plug end that isn't like the 30A to 20A pigtail in the motorhome. So I'm going to have to go shopping. But really, if I don't get the amps to play, I won't have to. And honestly, neither of us want to work that hard, it's vacation! I about lost Clara tonight, dealing with shore power and the cover just was more than she wants to do.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
image.jpeg Thought I would recap the day. The pictures at the beach, are directly across from the state line ramp. After lunch, we boated a little more of wahweap bay, and tried out the Castle Rock Cut. This is a man made cut that was dug and deepened several times over the years. I haven't gotten a strait answer on the lake level they will let you through it, but it was about 32' deep passing through today. It is impressive. It lets you go from wahweap bay to warm bay and saves you about 5-8 miles! Since we went all the way through, we entered antelope canyon and boated the length, stopping for margaritas as the Antelope Point Marina, one of the biggest floating restaurant/bars in the world I guess. Then on to the end and into the main channel, and up to the dam. Then we went back to the Wahweap Marina and called it a day on the water. Here are some pics.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Mel, for the amps, do you have to have that audio zone enabled in the HU for the amp to activate?

Looks like an amazing trip. Have fun!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bill D , I'm not sure. I have all 4 zones connected and get I amplified music from all 4, the sub is zone 4. I scrolled thru the menu looking for something but didn't read the manual or do more than just hooking it back like the 700 was when I removed it. I labeled all leads that were not apparent so I don't thinking missed anything. I will check the menu today again. Thanks for the tip!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
they only have 30A shore power with stinky plug end that isn't like the 30A to 20A pigtail in the motorhome.
This is from the Bimini docs but may help you with shore power....

Bimini Sands has shore power and water available. The 110 volt power is supplied via a NEMA L5-30P female socket which is common at marinas. I would bring at least 50 feet of extension cords. They tend to pack the boats in so you may have to run the cord some distance to access power. You could use a NEMA L5-30P male to NEMA 5-15 female adapter combined with a standard extension cord. I made an extension cord with a L5-30P male on one end and standard plug on the other by buying the L5-30P at Home Depot, cutting off the male end and attaching the L5-30P.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @Bruce , the link didn't work and shows an error so not too sure what that adapter is. I have a standard 30A RV pigtail to standard 20A household plug. But it looks different I think. But...it only has a female end. So I still don't have what I need down there. The Marina is going to ask the electrician if he can put a 20A base in for me. Probably not I am expecting. The yellow is 30A to 50A, and the black is 30A to 20A.
image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry the link is broken. Buying a male L5-30P and installing it on the male end of an extension cord is going to be most available option. I think you would have to order any adapters if the marina does not have them. Shore power 30 AMP and RV 30 AMP connections always use different plugs.

Looks like you are having a great time at Lake Powell. It is certainly on our list to visit someday!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Beautiful place!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great pics, I hope Lake Powell is exceeding your expectations, my favorite lake!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I suspect even as a favorite, you may be taking it for granted, even with the praises you give her @AZDANSX230HO . And at the moment, we are paying the tab at Stromboli's, we had a Guidos Special! We spent the day pretty much in Labyrinth Canyon south of Padre Bay. And I know there are hundreds of canyons, but I loved this one. I turned around when the cut between the walls was 15' deep and only about 12' wide. We found a place with enough sand to beach lightly, swam, and hiked around. I had to reset the boat 3 times.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suspect even as a favorite, you may be taking it for granted, even with the praises you give her @AZDANSX230HO . And at the moment, we are paying the tab at Stromboli's, we had a Guidos Special! We spent the day pretty much in Labyrinth Canyon south of Padre Bay. And I know there are hundreds of canyons, but I loved this one. I turned around when the cut between the walls was 15' deep and only about 12' wide. We found a place with enough sand to beach lightly, swam, and hiked around. I had to reset the boat 3 times.
We have been going to Lake Powell for over 10 years, still have not seen it all and it will probably take "many more years" to see a good portion of it, such a massive lake with canyons galore and magnificent scenery. To see more of the lake down the road, rent some sit down jet ski's, you can go much further back in the canyons where it is too narrow for boats, we have done this a few times and it's incredible. I have heard that before this became a lake, the beauty of the area rivaled the Grand Canyon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I tell people that asked, why all the way out there...because I wanted to boat in the beauty of the Grand Canyon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just met a guy from YJB, with an AR240, he didn't remember his screen name but is coming on board tonight if he has time. They just got here and have a motorhome two spaces down. First name Brett. So welcome to him! @Bruce