• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are getting closer to Lake Powell, very excited for your trip, that lake is one of the most beautiful places on earth - fortunately for me it's only 4 hours from my house. Keep us updated with pics along the way and at the lake!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Will do! Just passing Clines Corners New Mexico, 50 miles from Albuquerque. Stopping there from Mexican food a good nights sleep and margaritas!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r I had a tread separation on one Maxxis tire coming back home from my mom's house several years ago. They were near the end of their 5 year life cycle so I was on borrowed time. Last year I had the blowouts with the Kumho's that were barely a year old and hardly had any use due to the flooding last year. They were a heavy duty tire with a high speed rating was the reason I had them.

Enjoy y'alls trip! Keep the pics coming.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hope all goes well . 2nd on lots of pictures.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Cheers. New Mexico is awesome.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know if I have ever seen Clara smile so big!! It is awesome to see that smile on her face!! You guys have a blast!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks guys. Yeah, Dan, I love New Mexico. We got out early this morning and have already passed grants 225 miles from Flagstaff. We're thinking about bypassing that long two lane state highway road we broke down on last year. Means adding 50 miles to the journey thru flagstaff, but we stay on the interstate most of the way. And hey, we can always make a stop at petrified Forest national Park, and meteor crater, along the way! We're just anxious to get to Powell.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We did that tour a while back.. forest, crater, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, four corners, Durango, Pagosa Springs and back to Santa Fe for some mexican food on the square.

Have fun!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah Dan, we've done New Mexico probably five times, we love it. And done pretty much that same tour you did.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Yeah, Dan, I love New Mexico. We got out early this morning and have already passed grants 225 miles from Flagstaff. We're thinking about bypassing that long two lane state highway road we broke down on last year. Means adding 50 miles to the journey thru flagstaff, but we stay on the interstate most of the way. And hey, we can always make a stop at petrified Forest national Park, and meteor crater, along the way! We're just anxious to get to Powell.
It's a scenic drive going up Highway 89 through Flagstaff to Page, you will be driving through the Navajo Reservation once you get outside of Flagstaff. Enjoy Powell, it's an amazing place.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We just left petrified Forest national Park. Really gorgeous overlook of the painted Desert.
image.jpeg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are the a\c's keeping up with the heat very well? Are you running the generator to run the coach a\c's while traveling?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We did from Dallas to Albuquerque, generator running, both ACs on, 72° in the coach! Today since Albuquerque and I'm less than 100 miles to Powell, no generator just dash air and it's quite comfortable.
image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dan, you're right, 89 is a spectacular Drive!
image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Made it! Getting rental sub.
image.jpeg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made it! Getting rental sub.
View attachment 45756
Glad you made it safely, it's beautiful country up there, cannot wait until you get to explore the lake, that's the best part of it. The weather forecast looks great for the next 10 days so you should not have to mess with the Monsoons like we did a couple of weeks ago. Have fun!!!