• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah, @Julian , failures are just part of it with an RV. But I have to tell you, I was reeling big time! Hoping for better results going forward!

Honestly @MikeyL , I didn't have the energy or motivation to recap the saga as it was happening. So hopefully I can provide some pretty scenery in the mountains. We just need to chill...and high of 70 and low in 30's sounds about right to me!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang!!! Hopefully, with all of this mishap on this leg of trip, things are figured out now, and it will be smooth sailing from here on out!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Dam Mel, sound like your trip is sucking.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh MAN... This feels like Apollo 13: "We just lost Lake Powell." Now you know how Jim Lovell must have felt. O.K. - maybe not that bad. More like Jay Cutler I suppose. Still, disappointing.

REALLY sorry to hear about your troubles Mel. I was cheering for you guys to have a good trip.

Like @Julian said: Hopefully you've shaken all the bugs out of her and you'll be good to go from here on out.

Try not to dwell on it and remember it's all about the Journey. (If getting there is half the fun, then getting back must be the other half. So you haven't missed anything at all really...)

One thing's for sure, you'll certainly REMEMBER this trip!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh MAN... This feels like Apollo 13: "We just lost Lake Powell." Now you know how Jim Lovell must have felt. O.K. - maybe not that bad. More like Jay Cutler I suppose. Still, disappointing.

REALLY sorry to hear about your troubles Mel. I was cheering for you guys to have a good trip.

Like @Julian said: Hopefully you've shaken all the bugs out of her and you'll be good to go from here on out.

Try not to dwell on it and remember it's all about the Journey. (If getting there is half the fun, then getting back must be the other half. So you haven't missed anything at all really...)

One thing's for sure, you'll certainly REMEMBER this trip!
"Now you know how Jim Lovell must have felt. O.K. - maybe not that bad. More like Jay Cutler I suppose."

LOL! A quintessentially Wisconsinite comment. Fantastic, @biglar155 ! HahahahahHAHA!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You guys have been both support and encouragement for me for about 6 or 7 years now...I'm sitting in a bar (happy hour) and two margaritas into the evening...in Taos, NM, one if my all time favorite places. On to Red River, NM tomorrow! Thanks guys!

Mel

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cheers Mel and Clara! Y'all enjoy the evening and safe travels tomorrow.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a good time!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
In Red River...saw big horn sheep inbound, and once set up, took a little nap after lunch. Then we went down to the Lodge, and had drinks! Cooking on the grill right now but back to the lodge for live music after, cheers!
image.jpg

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you guys make it home safe and sound?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He is up in the air....figures....I am always looking up to Mel.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, we made it home, complete with a continued repair list. Planning the next trip with less drama I hope!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am glad you guys made it home safe! I hated to hear about the issues you guys had. I can tell you, though, when I bought my 5th wheel, which was brand new at that time even, the first few trips we found bugs. Over time, you will work out those bugs. Things will pop up here and there too. But, just go with the flow and you will still get lots of enjoyment out of your motorhome!

Best wishes!

Also - my 5th wheel is pending pickup on Sunday. I hate that we didn't get to camp with you and Clara. But, we now loosely have our eyes looking at class a's. Maybe in a year or so, we might more seriously look. So, in the meantime if you see a great deal, let me know.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will, shoot me a text or email on your parameters. I know where there is a sister coach to mine, probably a 37 I think and about the same year it looks like. I haven't seen it at all, just see it driving by. The Discoveries are great coaches but they are big and have lots of stuff to keep up with. And thanks for the well wishes. We are still in it, just got to get a few things cleared up.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Bring up this thread as a continued...as we may revisit the same trip this fall. We have still had more issues on the coach but accepted it as the price of Rv travel. So I will be documenting the journey as always!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bring up this thread as a continued...as we may revisit the same trip this fall. We have still had more issues on the coach but accepted it as the price of Rv travel. So I will be documenting the journey as always!
That's great to hear that you're still willing to give it a go. I look forward to reading all about your trip later this year.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate to hear you are having issues.

But, I am glad to hear you guys might do this trip again!