• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#1 on Bucket List...Lake Powell

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
All the issues that happened on our trip plus only one more @farrelltravis . But the failed A/C unit ended up being both, and the surging was costly but the coach runs great now. The issue that showed since the Powell trip is a low air pressure alarm, that has been addressed but not fixed, that one about had Clara wanting to sell it. Because we ended up spending a big chunk of money twice, and still have the intermittent issue. We completed a winter trip in February however with the existing issue and only dealt with it between Dallas and New Orleans, and it never came back as we continued to Destin, FL, Savannah, GA, and back to DFW via Atlanta and Vicksburg, MS. The coach is amazing and gives you a view of the countryside as you pass along that is just very different than from a car or airplane. And at any point of the journey, you have your clothes, your appliances, your food and beverages, and your home. Eating lunch at 65mph going down the road is great. We found a tall, thin, magazine rack, that allows me to have a table top right at armrest height. I can have my plate there and reach for whatever we are having without taking my eyes off the road. We bought a new car in November, an AWD Chevy Equinox. I got the Blue Ox base plate installed and we towed it as a Dingy on our winter trip. Now we are spoiled and have even considered taking it instead of the boat on the Powell trip. It just gives you peace of mind and flexibility. If you have a car and break down, your not stranded. We could take a excursion tour boat, rent a boat, but that just wouldn't be the same. We are still discussing, but I think we both want to do the trip.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Better luck if you go again.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am no mechanic. But, this is my $0.02. The tire pressure monitoring things work sometimes and don't work other times. I have had them on a few vehicles, and they worked ok. But I have heard lots of people say they didn't work. Also,sometimes, mine would go off if the weather was colder.

BUT - I don't know of anyone that had these on a motorhome. All of my experience with them has been on automobiles.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh yeah, my TPMS don't work worth a darn either, thanks for the reminder @farrelltravis . I bought four new sensors to go on the boat or dingy, and added a booster, and the functionality just sucks. False alarms drive me crazy. There are better ones on the market that owners swear by, but that's another $500-700 to change brands. I may live without that luxury now that I have good tires on both the coach and toad. The boat may need new rubber for me to tow it without worry however.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tires seem like a never ending battle!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, new rubber on the boat trailer, and Powell is in the crosshairs again!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's to getting this checked off your bucket list @txav8r. Have great and safe trip.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, new rubber on the boat trailer, and Powell is in the crosshairs again!
Did you go with Maxxis or something else?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE I just went with the Carlyle sport radial instead of the trail sport. A deciding factor was the blowout you had with the Maxxis.

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys are going to have a blast! Blue Yonder is ready to stretch her feet!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've gone back to Maxxis on the boat trailer after my twin blowout Labor Day feasco last year with the Kummo 857 's. I hope the Carlyle's hold up well for you.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Your blowouts weren't the maxxis? @PEARCE i guess I remembered wrong, but I thought you told me you had blowouts on the maxxis?

The fusion HU didn't not get shipped when they said. But they accommodated me by sending it to the campground at Powell. So with no breakdowns this year, I still get to do some maintenance before the blue yonder hits the water...will take me less than 15 minutes to install and make the connections.

First 100 miles, so far so good...

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have a safe trip to Lake Powell, weather looks great for the next couple of weeks.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a safe trip Mel. Keep us all posted.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will do, thanks...300 unincumbered miles down!
Hope your trip goes perfect this time!!

While in Page, AZ some good local restaurants are: Fiesta Mexicana, Dam Bar & Grill, Big John's Texas BBQ, & Strombolli's for Pizza.

The Antelope Point Marina has a good restaurant if your on the lake, they also have a decent store.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't forget to have the Southwestern country fried steak and eggs at Ranch House Grille!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Took me 15 minutes to get the bugs off the windshield it my first fuel stop !