• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19’ WakeBooster

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Saw the new 19’ WakeBooster package in person today. Dealer said it was definitely a difference maker in their quick initial testing. Has anyone had a chance to see it in action yet to see if it warrants the price tag?

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Have been told I am next on the list for a wakebooster but beginning to feel like I might be just strung along and they plan to put them on all the 2020 models. Will see if they get sick of me asking.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Our local dealer got theirs in stock last week, but we had the local boat show over the weekend. I'm waiting to hear back about actual availability as well as seeing if they can get a video demo-ing the difference it makes for our 19 footers.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don’t think this works on 2018’s or older?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think this works on 2018’s or older?
The hull design changed with the introduction of the 2019 models, I'm assuming that's why.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not had time to take my boat out since I picked my kit up. I was first on my dealers list and i definitely didnt expect to get it before spring even though they said their expectation was late Dec. So I have had the boat apart for audio upgrades and some other little projects plus it's been cold and rainey lately. I did decide I'm taking it in to have the dealer mount the fatsac brackets. The templates provided were hand drawn, for one side and are just a little goofy and I just dont want to mess with it. Everything else in the kit looks top notch though. I know my daughter is super excited for the water to warm up some. I do still want to take it out and see what the wake is like though even if no one will surf it right now but between crazy work and the weather it's been tough.

20191214_140415.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Our local dealer got theirs in stock last week, but we had the local boat show over the weekend. I'm waiting to hear back about actual availability as well as seeing if they can get a video demo-ing the difference it makes for our 19 footers.
What year is your boat?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ah copy for some reason I thought it was older. Cool well let us know how it works.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It is -24 with a -44 windchill. There is 2' of ice on the lake. I think I am out for at least the next 3 months....or at least I am ice fishing for the next 3 months.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is looking down on the lake we always go to. No ice on the lake, so I’m good to go surfing this weekend right?
Yeah you should be good to go! :winkingthumbsup"

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hull design changed with the introduction of the 2019 models, I'm assuming that's why.
Hay fellas I was just starting to research this for my 2017 and don’t know really about why it wouldn’t work the tie down hooks are in same place but this all could be true to a haul design? But not positive yet I’m going to see what a friend can do as for letting me try one it would be a big game changer for all the 19 if would happen to work?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hay fellas I was just starting to research this for my 2017 and don’t know really about why it wouldn’t work the tie down hooks are in same place but this all could be true to a haul design? But not positive yet I’m going to see what a friend can do as for letting me try one it would be a big game changer for all the 19 if would happen to work?
I think it’s got to do with the flat space behind the tie down hooks towards the front of the boat (there is not enough space for the Wakebooster but that’s just my guess).

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it’s got to do with the flat space behind the tie down hooks (there is not enough space for the Wakebooster but that’s just my guess).
Well Damn that sucks lol I guess I’ll still try to look at them both side by side? That will suck I guess I’ll have to wait for some other way,thanks for the info

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well Damn that sucks lol I guess I’ll still try to look at them both side by side? That will suck I guess I’ll have to wait for some other way,thanks for the info
Yeah I’m not thrilled either.

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes big time for me,me and the family have been trying to get a good enough wake to ditch the rope all last season with the help from jet boat pilot but I’m not really liking all the cash I’m putting in for the results and using all the ballast that he is using,well if u ever find a nice set up that works would like to here about it keep me post and I’ll do same.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Im honestly torn between this or the RideSteady/PerfectPass upgrade. I already have the gantlin bag so I’m really interested to see which would be the better upgrade this season.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Im honestly torn between this or the RideSteady/PerfectPass upgrade. I already have the gantlin bag so I’m really interested to see which would be the better upgrade this season.
Just get both, lol. If I was going to spend the money on a upgrade I would get the RideSteady at least you can hold a consistent speed (unless you have someone really good at driving your boat). Also who knows how well the WakeBooster will work on the 19’ at this point. I’m sure someone will buy one and then decide it’s not enough wake and will have one for sale, as well as a boat. As much as I love surfing I’m just not convinced spending more money at this point on my 19’ for surfing makes any sense. Part of this might be the fact that I have a 2017 and I’m still irritated at Yamaha for making a WakeBooster that is not compatible with my boat. :banghead: