• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH side scan transducer

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. Mine, although a different boat, is all the way at the front of the ride plate where it meets the fiberglass for this reason. Really just shorter arms with a rear angle and some new mounting holes in the ride plate. Shouldn't be too bad to do.

Of course you could leave it as is if you are OK with it. Didn't want to bum you out or critique your design, but I felt that it could create you some issues in certain circumstances.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe. Not sure.

If you want my opinion, for what it is worth... and apparently I am handing it out everywhere this morning... I would personally, just try shortening the arms with an angle back and then putting a couple of new holes or so in the ride plate, which are easy to fill if you go to a different design later or want to remove. You get the most mileage for least effort. And then go fishing :)

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Late to the party here, but Garmin makes a Y-cable that lets your run a left and right transducer for side imaging. You would just run an additional transducer and the head unit combines the inputs.

I plan on doing this with my Solix unit this winter.

If you are running a Solix or Helix, You can also add a Humminbird switch that allows an additional 2D or DI transducer for depth at higher speeds. Not sure if Garmin has switching hardware available but might be worth a look.

Last edited:

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello, a friend is telling me that my transducer needs to be just below the water line to prevent it from seeing bubbles. That puts it mounting on the bottom of the rear deck basically. I see most FSH \'s with the transducer mounted basically mounted at the very bottom of the boat...thoughts??

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a lot of threads here on it. Either low rear transom or on the bottom of the ride plate.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the width of that u channel you used?
Unless it is in the other thread I don't know off the top of my head. I could go take a measurement when I get home from the office today. It is in my drive.

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless it is in the other thread I don't know off the top of my head. I could go take a measurement when I get home from the office today. It is in my drive.
I’m going to build that same type bracket you built…if it’s not too much trouble…looks to be about 1 1/4

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to build that same type bracket you built…if it’s not too much trouble…looks to be about 1 1/4
The channel is 1" OD by 1" OD.

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Much appreciated

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Trav4t4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I made a bracket out of .063” aluminum. I have a little distortion on the right side scan at upper portion but still picks bottom up good. I also ran cable up transom and ran the cable through upper part of swim platform, which is above water line. I used the blue sea side entry waterproof cable clam. Once I had it mocked up I replaced all mounting hardware to stainless.
FD8066E9-83BE-4016-9866-6645A568A137.jpeg89EA1D0B-2C2B-49F0-8C58-50C59DD5A657.jpegF721E4E9-29F8-408E-AF60-8AF0101A3D3C.jpeg