• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 Yamaha sx230 Water In oIl

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone local is selling exhaust manifolds off of a HO engine is it the same? looks like it to me but want to be sure.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your part number is 60E-14610-00-94. Check part through YamahaSportsPlaza.com for example. I would try filling crevasses with JB-Weld if you cannot find part at your price.

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your part number is 60E-14610-00-94. Check part through YamahaSportsPlaza.com for example. I would try filling crevasses with JB-Weld if you cannot find part at your price.
I just ordered manifolds off of a fresh water 2005 fx ho has 60E stamped on it looks the same. I could jb weld but to be honest I never wanna pull the motor again lol I will also keep a eye on oil on second engine and check the manifolds on that one at the end of season I pressurized it and it passed oil looks good for now.

Last edited:

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hang on to old manifolds. At some point, you may find them of some value. Hope all goes well.

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hang on to old manifolds. At some point, you may find them of some value. Hope all goes well.
Yea will keep them for sure wonder if someone who welds aluminum could fix em.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a corrosion canal in the cylinder head patched with jb weld. It has three hours at 7k with no issues so far. Milky oil repair

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well this is a slap in the face new fresh water manifolds came installed and guess what I STILL HAVE A LEAK!!! air blows out the cylinders i saw no damage when re installing. Anyone have any suggestions i am really at a loss here dont know what to do i thought for sure this would fix it as old manifolds had chips missing coolant passages on head for manifolds look fine.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you mean by "air blows out of cylinders?"

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you mean by "air blows out of cylinders?"
I hook compressed air into the water inlet and when the 1 line is on the big rubber boot Air comes out of whatever cylinders exhaust valve is open. The other engine does not do this so from what i can tell thats how water gets in my oil

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually you know what I am going to go take some videos of whats going on i am sure it will help you guys help me Lol

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How about reversing the process. Push compressed air into the exhausts and see if it comes out a cooling passage.

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Il try that I also just thought of a idea maybe i can use my EVAP smoker with air from a car to see where smoke comes out of to find leak.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My friend had water is his oil this was the problem

exh.jpg

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok after getting pissed at it letting it sit for few weeks I just tore into it now exhaust is off I pressurized the head on the engine and it checks out so far so it tells me its still exhaust related going to try to figure out how to test exhaust while its off I needa get this baby on the water ahahaha.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Brad_Ct has replaced some seals in the exhaust system that were problematic. Others have found small holes when closely inspecting the exhaust manifolds.

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Brad_Ct has replaced some seals in the exhaust system that were problematic. Others have found small holes when closely inspecting the exhaust manifolds.
Welp all back together same issue still looked at and tested the exhaust 100x times cant be a exhaust issue I am at a loss i put air in system air comers out 1 cylinder for example depending upon position engine it can come out each cylinder only 1 at a time tho I assume i have a crack in the head or block somewhere just odd to me no compression loss. ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE the pressure control valve that sits on the block is it suppose to be open or closed? rn nothing flows past it wondering if i have backpressure issue but not sure how it works.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I remember right, the Schroeder valve can be removed from the plug end of a compression tester. Then an air supply can be teed in between the tester and the pressure gauge. That way the cylinders can be pressurized to check for leaks.

jws123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am at a loss tearing engine down pulling head off it has to be a issue with a water jacket blowing air into the crankcase or something since i have no loss of compression I have been trying to just fine a replacement engine out of a ski or something but no luck so far,