• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 AR230 Horn

nevinc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The horn on our AR230 sounds awful! Has anyone made a repair to the Yamaha horn and what worked?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's no repairing our horn. I've tried to mate a car horn and OE outer portion with no luck yet(not much room). From what I've read your best bet is to replace with the same thing you have.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced mine with one I ordered from Amazon. Perfect fit, used my original cover.
The one I got says “unavailable” now.
52D8C4E7-FC01-4B40-9CBA-3BA1DFF62497.png

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The horn on our AR230 sounds awful! Has anyone made a repair to the Yamaha horn and what worked?
The horns are crap. The aquasignal shown above is the OEM horn. They have the chrome replacement too. I've bought several and the all stop working. I just keep a compliant whistle in the boat.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I see. My horn is terrible also and am looking for something different. I misunderstood @Wayloncle I thought he installed the Seasense horn.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made a bracket from aluminum and installed this on the inside.

Do make sure it's oriented in such a way that if water is ingested the water drains out, and not towards the inside of the horn (as I installed it the first time). I also added a relay to make sure it had full power available. Turns out it did not make a huge difference.

This is marginally acceptable. I wish the was a much deeper and louder horn that was compact, but audio physics do not allow for that. It can be 2 of 3: loud, deep and compact.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dont use the horn much, the sound is weak. I keep one of these or similar at the helm. Lasted years as an approved sounding device.

Last edited:

Landmark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought my 2014 Limited S used so I don’t know if this was the original or what it sounded like before it failed but this one fit perfectly and sounds fine. At this price and with 5min installation I don’t care if it only lasts a season.
(Note-The only thing I had to do to it was cut off the bolt that stuck out of the top using a hack saw.)

FIAMM 72012 Low Note Replacement Horn Amazon.com: FIAMM 72012 Low Note Replacement Horn: Automotive

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my 2014 Limited S used so I don’t know if this was the original or what it sounded like before it failed but this one fit perfectly and sounds fine. At this price and with 5min installation I don’t care if it only lasts a season.
(Note-The only thing I had to do to it was cut off the bolt that stuck out of the top using a hack saw.)

FIAMM 72012 Low Note Replacement Horn Amazon.com: FIAMM 72012 Low Note Replacement Horn: Automotive
Cool! I’ll get one of those. Thanks!