• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Shorelander Trailer Winch Stand

cfab11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey everyone! So my winch stand’s Bow roller is bent and I tried to straighten it out but it’s not getting back into place. Has anyone replaced the winch stand on a 2008 Shorelander trailer? It came with the 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited.
Thanks!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pics. You will find people who don't have your exact setup might be able to give you ideas on how to solve your problems, if they only knew what you were looking at. Pics.

cfab11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Pics attached! I had them attached when I made this post on my phone, not sure why they didn’t post.
09ECF257-C890-41B0-9437-144990B3452F.jpeg
F6AD8288-678B-47AE-90CD-E9E78BFF2ACE.jpeg
393FEC1B-2CCC-4F12-8059-1931D8FCA622.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it's not the bow roller itself, it looks like it's the bracket holding the roller. An idea that comes to mind is to fill the open area between the arms of the bracket with some wood (2x4 or whatever you need to achieve the width you need). Once you have that, get some big C-clamps and snug the arms together until you get it to where you want it.

cfab11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks for the ideas! I didn't spend too much time trying to get it exactly lined up but the hardest part is I am trying to bend the metal from the front of the trailer towards the back and thats the thicked "I" Part of the bow roller bracket. So the Starboard side of the roller does not touch the boat entirely so there is a small gap since the braket it pushed towards the front of the trailer.
The whole thing is welded so I can't really just purchase the bracket, but maybe there is a galvanized replacement out there or even one off an old trailer?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you can’t get the arms bent back, I’m wondering if perhaps your bunker board(s) could be loosened which might allow some flexibility for your boat to at least be supported by the entire roller. It may be tilted a bit and I’m not sure if that’s okay or not. Off hand though, it seems like it should be okay.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if I'm understanding you right, what it seems like you're trying to do is to get the upright support to make the bow roller contact your boat better, is that correct?

More of the roller touching the boat, or the angle of the roller itself better mated to the angle of the bow?

Did you buy the trailer like that, or did you attempt to modify it when adding the Stoltz roller?