• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR240 Engine/stereo not working.....help appreciated.

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what round cover are you talking about that the fuses were behind? I may need to know this someday.
Behind the twin motors(firewall I call it) are 2 black round caps that spin off for assessing the fuses.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, I will have to check that out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So replacing the two identical fuses (One for each engine) in the engine compartment resolved both the engine start and non operational stereo issues?

Glad to hear you were able to address this without taking it to the dealer. The $100+ per hour labor rate is only part of the cost. It takes time and effort to haul a boat around, for me it feels like more time and effort if I'm not taking it to or from the water.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear that you got this worked out. This forum is a huge help!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Behind the twin motors(firewall I call it) are 2 black round caps that spin off for assessing the fuses.
On the ECUs that are mounted aft of the engines on the wall. Just clarification for future readers.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, did that fix it?

I hope so.....but what I'd like to know is how'd that happen?

It's the first time I've ever heard that. Must have shorted something when disconnecting or connecting, huh? :rolleyes:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Battery switch must have been on during battery install?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There ya go!

I must say, my battery set-up is in need of some tidying up....after I come here and see how neat some of you guys have things wired up I just shake my head and wonder how my boat even starts sometimes! :rolleyes:

Since my boat lives in dry storage several hundred miles from home and several hundred feet from the nearest power outlet, I take my battery home between outings unless I plan several trips in close succession. I love it when I have to re-connect! Boy do the sparks fly when I can't find my resistor or test lead and hook up the stereo power lead. The capacitor must hate me, huh?

Well, it's on the list of things to do, but it's not a game changer. Life goes on.....:cool:

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, Murf is correct. Moving my battery around I caused a short which blew the 30amp fuses on each motor.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
But how do the 30 amp engine fuses relate to the stereo not turning on? Maybe I missed a part of this thread where you resolved that?

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But how do the 30 amp engine fuses relate to the stereo not turning on? Maybe I missed a part of this thread where you resolved that?
The fuse behind Clarion blew also. I shorted it also when taking battery in/out.

I learned a lesson.....always flip battery switch OFF when connect/disconnect the battery. Luckily for me my dealer is only 1 mile away and he figured it out within few minutes/no charge.