• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Fuse at fuse block

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good question. It was the rectifier/regulator that was toast. The diodes in the rec/reg were damaged, which caused an overcharge at the battery fuse. So the fusebox did it’s job protecting the battery and electrical system. Kudos to Yamaha! I’ve been able to fire it up and run at low speed or idle all day and not kill the engine.
Right on… that is extremely rare that the diodes blew closed. I had asked a friend of mine about the reg / rect and the diodes and he had said it was a very rare event that the diodes blow closed. It is interesting that the PMG permanent magnet generator has that kind of capacity. Who knew?

Thanks for following up on your post and keeping everyone informed, especially closing the loop at the end.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right on… that is extremely rare that the diodes blew closed. I had asked a friend of mine about the reg / rect and the diodes and he had said it was a very rare event that the diodes blow closed. It is interesting that the PMG permanent magnet generator has that kind of capacity. Who knew?

Thanks for following up on your post and keeping everyone informed, especially closing the loop at the end.
No problem. It was the least I could do as payment of my sincere gratefullness towards this community. And now the fun awaits.