• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Havasu Gathering??

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like I will be getting a break to come home half through deployment........ I'm working a Havasu trip right now tentatively for the 3rd week of August. I will have the details ironed out within the next few weeks before I deploy.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lashburn1, yes, it is actually San Bernadino Regional Park - Park Moabi. They have had a difficult time running it profitably over the years from what I've been told and the partnership with the commercial enterprise that is Pirates Cove has turned out to be pretty successful. There used to be an extensive ATV trail system (160 acres) that was taken out of service or was perpetually in repair, not sure which. And since you said you had your Ranger there with no issues, I'm considering bringing our RZR4.

Those shots are great! Was it hard getting a reservation? It doesn't look too good for us getting an entire peninsula since we waited so long.

I think we are leaning towards August for the big RV expedition to the river. We usually stay up the road in Needles at the Marina, they have hook-ups and slips, but the facility is old and the ramp is in disrepair because they would have to shell out some big bucks and get Coastal commission permits to repair it.

One way or another, we'll make it out there this summer....I hope! :cool:

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpg
lashburn1, yes, it is actually San Bernadino Regional Park - Park Moabi. They have had a difficult time running it profitably over the years from what I've been told and the partnership with the commercial enterprise that is Pirates Cove has turned out to be pretty successful. There used to be an extensive ATV trail system (160 acres) that was taken out of service or was perpetually in repair, not sure which. And since you said you had your Ranger there with no issues, I'm considering bringing our RZR4.

Those shots are great! Was it hard getting a reservation? It doesn't look too good for us getting an entire peninsula since we waited so long.

I think we are leaning towards August for the big RV expedition to the river. We usually stay up the road in Needles at the Marina, they have hook-ups and slips, but the facility is old and the ramp is in disrepair because they would have to shell out some big bucks and get Coastal commission permits to repair it.

One way or another, we'll make it out there this summer....I hope! :cool:
Pirates gang takes good care of the place. Friendly both times we were there. Marina and ramp are 1st class.
Restaurant and Bar are inviting food is decent and fair price.

Reservations are easy online or u can just call during hours ...

There were RZRs and ATVs everywhere. We bring the RAnger because it fits are our Kids n crap on the way to Marina. Our RZR is only a 2 seater. :(

We would go a 3rd time or more this year.... I have Lake Powell booked from
7/6-14th. So, we prolly won't go back until Mid July or later.
...unless I do a midweek guys trip!!!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We drove 10 hours to enjoy a nice family vacation at the Nautical only to have someone else family reunion of about 200-300 people put up 10-12 tents and loud music for our entire stay. The rooms were okay, we had a blood stain on our bed sheets that we didn't notice till the second day and front door to our room required we fiddle with it and slam it shut to get it to stay closed. Our principal complaint is that if your going to schedule such a large event you should make other accommodations for your paying quest, they had kids on scooters until midnight. We made sure that our stay did not coincide with the college spring breakers so that we could enjoy the resort but instead we had to sit on our balcony and listen to loud Israeli music. We left early - Room 540 15 April -20 April 2014

8 hours drive time 2 hours gassing up/eating/bathroom

A view the day we arrived before the chaos

First come first served (Resort tags required)

Anchored off the beach in front of our room (1st day only afterwards the reunion people had 20 boats tied up here)

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Raphael...Nice pics, it looks like a decent place.

Perhaps we should aim for the middle of August then for a get together there??

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are the dates! If you can make it, I'm sure you will see or hear our boat in the Channel.

By the Way: My D.J. Name is D.J. Dude-ski and my Rapper Name is Da Ginga Bread Mayne...........FYI :woot:

Havasu Invite - Small Jpeg.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL...love the flyer!!! Wish I lived closer.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No group site reserved. The military has 9 cabins there exclusively for Active duty and Retired military for about 55 bucks a night. They sleep 5 but we cram in as many as we can fit with air mattresses and such. It's a pretty cool deal. It's like having our own vacation trailer at Havasu. We also use them at Lake Martinez and Big Bear.

Crazy Horse.png

InTooDeep

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm definitely interested. Tell me more about the cabins. I can't believe I've never heard about them. Who are they managed by and how do you make reservations? Do you leave your boat in the water overnight or do you pull it out everyday. I was considering towing my 5th wheel down there and having someone tow my boat, but for $55 a night I would be better of just renting a cabin.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm definitely interested. Tell me more about the cabins. I can't believe I've never heard about them. Who are they managed by and how do you make reservations? Do you leave your boat in the water overnight or do you pull it out everyday. I was considering towing my 5th wheel down there and having someone tow my boat, but for $55 a night I would be better of just renting a cabin.
- Leave the boat in the water the whole time.
- You can use the docks in the cove to the left of image above. If it is a busy weekend and the docks are full then you can beach your boat on the soft sand that surrounds the cove.
- The launching ramp is also in that little cove. Only people that are staying at crazy horse are aloud to use it.