• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 24 foot - Grill mounted on Table base

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered the Magma Trailmate grill off Amazon and also I ordered the magma universal plate, but I cant find a place to buy a replacement table leg for my AR240. I really don't want to spend $256 for another table from Yamaha. Anybody have a line on just the curved table leg like MrMoose used?

Thanks
Ouch, maybe I got lucky, but my dealer gave me a 20% discount on all accessories for my boat since I purchased with them. I paid $170 for my additional table leg which I thought was pretty reasonable considering!

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, I purchased a Magma Cabo grill at West Marine on sale for $129 $79 off sale. I see many mounts posted being inserted into the table legs for 2014 and newer 242LS. I called Jet Boat Pilot and they told me those table legs are different than the 2012's 242LS. Does anyone know a good mount for the 2012's? I really appreciate any help and I apologize if this was asked and answered before.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am surprised that Will didn't have the mount for the 2012 table leg! Magma makes a mount for it. It is just a round insert that can be expanded to hold firm inside the leg, and the other end mounts to either a base plate mounted to the bottom of the grill, or to the grill itself. The round insert mount will fit many different size table legs because it adjusts in diameter after it is inserted into the female end of the leg.

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Their website states 2013 and newer so I was nervous and called. The nice lady called the distributor and said the 2013 table legs are an inch different than the 2012's. I wasn't sure they look the same. I was hoping someone bought a grill in 2012 lol- thats a lot of baloney sandwiches out there.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is the dimension sheet from Magma for it...
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 8.00.12 AM.png

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can't remember what the diameter of the leg is. But I think this will mount in the open end of the leg. I was going to get one as we have one of the magma grills as well. But I bought the grill to use in the RV and knew I could use it in the boat, just didn't order the mount yet. My boat is a 2012 SX 240, same leg as yours.

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Appreciate it - Have a great summer everyone and stay safe

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi @shane hric , I put my Cabo grill in the Magma A10-992 storage bag and it fits inside my starboard storage seat in the cockpit. The A10-992 storage bag has the following dimensions:

L=24.9", W=17.2", H=12.5"

Per the Magma website, the dimensions of the Catalina are: L= 20", W=14.75", H=14.25

I don't know exactly how much clearance I have between the top of my bag and the bottom of the seat; there might be 2 or 3 inches of space.
Hey I was wondering how do you have the Cabo grill installed and with what mount?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @Pantelis ,
I mounted a "MAGMA Power Grip LeveLock Double Locking Rod Holder Mount" to the bottom of the grill. The Magma's expanding handle fits into the Yamaha table leg. The only mod that I did was to silicone a sleeve (standard 2" abs pipe) into the inside of the table leg so that the Magma's expanding handle would fit more snugly. The Power Grip stays attached to the grill when storing. I bought the Power Grip from West Marine: MAGMA Pow'rGrip™/LeveLock™ Double Locking All-Angle Adjustable Rod Holder Mount | West Marine
It is easy to set up and I like the fact that it is easy to level. I decided to buy an extra table leg from Yamaha so that I can have my table set up inside the boat while I grill on the back deck.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi @Pantelis ,
I mounted a "MAGMA Power Grip LeveLock Double Locking Rod Holder Mount" to the bottom of the grill. The Magma's expanding handle fits into the Yamaha table leg. The only mod that I did was to silicone a sleeve (standard 2" abs pipe) into the inside of the table leg so that the Magma's expanding handle would fit more snugly. The Power Grip stays attached to the grill when storing. I bought the Power Grip from West Marine: MAGMA Pow'rGrip™/LeveLock™ Double Locking All-Angle Adjustable Rod Holder Mount | West Marine
It is easy to set up and I like the fact that it is easy to level. I decided to buy an extra table leg from Yamaha so that I can have my table set up inside the boat while I grill on the back deck.
Ok perfect that’s what I ordered! Now to find another leg and hope not to pay a lot for one. Thanks a lot that was great help!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi @Pantelis ,
I did research and spent a lot of money to put together a table and grill for my AR192. I like to cook and entertain people so it's worth it. I had to order 2 stanchions and the garelick mounts. I also bought a Magma Connoisseur 9"x18" grill, cutting board, and carrying case. Here is what I found when trying to mount the grill:

OEM stanchion is 2" ID so the 2" PVC has a larger diameter then the OEM stanchion. 1-1/2" PVC fits better, but it needs electrical tape for a stable fit. I ordered the mount listed below and I didn't like the set up because both the PVC and mount would require tape to fill the gaps.

I decided to do it right and order the Magma 10-180 Pedestal Adapter and the Garelick 75648 Table Mount this fits into the OEM stanchion. I can report back next week when it's all together.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mrhdvrod did you buy that table leg? did it work? also, what year/Model boat did you I talk it on if you did?

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did research and spent a lot of money to put together a table and grill for my AR192. I like to cook and entertain people so it's worth it. I had to order 2 stanchions and the garelick mounts. I also bought a Magma Connoisseur 9"x18" grill, cutting board, and carrying case. Here is what I found when trying to mount the grill:

OEM stanchion is 2" ID so the 2" PVC has a larger diameter then the OEM stanchion. 1-1/2" PVC fits better, but it needs electrical tape for a stable fit. I ordered the mount listed below and I didn't like the set up because both the PVC and mount would require tape to fill the gaps.

I decided to do it right and order the Magma 10-180 Pedestal Adapter and the Garelick 75648 Table Mount this fits into the OEM stanchion. I can report back next week when it's all together.
Curious if you were able to try this out yet and wondered how it worked out?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Curious if you were able to try this out yet and wondered how it worked out?
Yeah I've been using this set up a lot. I put a 8x8 1/8" thick aluminum sheet behind the bracket. No stress cracks on the swim platform of my 192. It didn't need spacers either