• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 LS SeaDek installation

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great Randy. Congratulations on this upgrade.

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello, I bought a 2015 242 LS and it had no carpets. After one time on the water, I realized I am going with Seadeck.
I looked into it and have 2 questions;

What would you recommend, the optional mat combo in addition to the cockpit kit? Is it a functional addition or an overkill? We are a family with 5 kids (17 to 2) so lots of moving around...
The 2nd question is in regard to the pad on the surface of the removable cushion (1x on the map here: https://jetboatpilot.com/products/seadek-best-selling-optional-mat-combo-for-yamaha-24-foot-boats-15-18-my ).
After installation, doesn't the pat interfere with the cushion if you want to use it? wouldn't it raise this center cushion above the other seat cushions and the snap strap will be to short to be used again?

I want to order it tomorrow. Your advice is gold for me. Thanks a lot!

Randy Fenton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did not remove my carpets, so not going to help there. When you order certain areas they send the whole kit, so I added all of them. I thought it would be overkill until I put them on- looks great. As for the center cushion- I have not tryed to use it yet, so do not know.

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got my shipment of seadek. Terra over black. I ordered the cockpit set, the swim deck set, and all optional pads. (I wasn’t sent the optional set....must have been missed on accident). I’m installing it the next few days. Once I have the optional stuff and everything is in I will let you know about that seat. I had the same question. I’ll post pics too. I haven’t seen many with the same colors and year of my boat. Hopefully it will help!

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was debating between Terra over Black and Mica over Chocolate. I was leaning toward the Terra, but took Kimberly's (I think it's her name) from Jet Boat Pilot advice and went with the Mica. Coincidentally, my buddy bought the Terra. I have a 15' 242 LS with cream interior fiberglass, my buddy has 13' 242 LS with white interior fiberglass. We both have similar upholstery (gray over cream/white respectively).

First, when my friend got his Terra (he ordered after me and got it before me) he called me all disappointed. He paid over a grand for a bunch of foamy material that fit in a skinny flat box. Later on, after the install, his mind was completely changed. He was very happy as do I. Big BTW, I'm so glad I choose the Mice. It blends so nice with the interior. Its a "cool" color scheme that doesn't absorb much sun light heat (and can last longer for that reason). I didn't do my swim deck since it's perfectly fine. I can always do it later, just didn't feel like blowing $350 for it. I highly recommend to take the piece that goes under the removal center cushion between the main cabin and swim deck.

Ultimately, it is such improvement. I can hop from boat to boat and travel front to back with such confidence, comparing to the prior bare floors, I feel like a ninja. The surface is much more pleasant to step on, it looks good and sure take less time to wash comparing to the carpets (that I never got buying my boat 2nd hand). Here are some pictures if your debating as well:

Here I gave up on removing all the old dry adhesive. I don't thing anyone will notice...

As clean as I could get...

4 hours later...

Last edited: