• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242SE Wake Tower/Bimini Bar Cracked!

Ky2fl22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We recently went through Hurricane Ian, and it was pretty brutal. My tower on my 242 cracked and I wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this issue? I've attached pictures so you can see what I'm referring to. Can I weld this back together? Unfortunately, they do not offer just the top bimini piece, you have to buy the wake tower as well and it's around $15k. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242 - 5.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242 - 5.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 1.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 2.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 3.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 4.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242- 4.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242.jpg
    Bimini Bar Cracked - Yamaha 242.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 44
Sorry to see that maybe some type of sleeve could be installed with clamps and match it to the other side. Maybe try to contact the fabricator directly that made them for Yamaha I remember seeing some type of sticker that identified the maker . Other options watch copart for an auction see if they would give info about who they sell a boat to because you want to buy parts, not sure if they would give that info but they will surely be some swamped Yamahas from that storm. If you found one at copart you can go in to view it bring some printed papers with your info leave them in the glove box or other areas stating what you need, that’s a long shot. I did see some members that had the later model with adjustable Bimini single knob have the knob rattle loose from towing the Bimini flipped up one hit a bride the other ripped apart from the wind. They had a problem pre covid getting a tower or getting it in the correct color with an insurance claim.

For anyone that reads this its well known that the Bimini top left on should not exceed something like 50mph or so. Hurricane preparedness remove your Bimini top. Best of luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

it can be fixed...

I would think this could be fixed for 2k. Weld back together, smooth and paint.

Back