• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited SE Bimini Tower vertical clearance issue

wheaties82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Long time lurker and pround to be a new owner of a 2018 Yamaha 242 Limited E Series boat! We are excited to join this community and use our new boat!

Unfortunately I built my barn before purchasing the boat and that has left me with tight tolerances all the way around when backing into my stall.

I can see my side-to-side clearance using the mirrors of the truck, however the vertical clearance is out of my view. My door height is too low for clearing the boat with the tower up but it does fit with the tower collapsed and Bimini leveled.

problem I am experiencing is the wakeboard tower does not want to remain in the collapsed position; unless someone is physically pulling it down it wants to return to the upright position. This is no bueno when trying to back the boat into the stall. My wife can climb in and hold the tower manually while I back in however I would prefer her to be my spotter on the ground watching the sides and rear to ensure I don't run into anything.

Is there a way to lock the tower in the collapsed position so my wife doesn't have to hold it down while we get the boat in/out of the stall?

I am honestly surprised that Yamaha did not allow for the tower to remain locked in the lowered position. I hope I am not the first person to encounter this issue and that there is an easy solution that can be recommended.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

wheaties82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Those
My boat came with tower brackets that you can bolt on to hold the tower in the lowered position. They look like this:

Those would be perfect!

Mine did not come with those. Will have to ask dealer if he still has them.