• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've here'd the little birds talk also :) but not saying anything :)

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would like to know more, I can't afford to sell 2 new boats and take that kind of loss twice.. LOL As of right now, I am not holding off unless some other really important news surfaces...

dan_hoog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know about 2016, but in the next few years I expect to see low speed joystick control based on independent steering, throttle/reverse gates, and GPS/accelerometer feedback.

That would put an end to the jet boat low speed maneuverability complaint. With two engines, throttle by wire, they are not too far from the mechanics needed... I'm used to mine enough for now and still avoid tough docking situations. However, it would be great to confidently go into a much wider range of docking scenarios...

Since I recently purchased a 2015, there is some possibility it will be added to 2016, probably with a price reduction ;-)

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I highly doubt tech like that would be introduced with a price reduction, I think that stuff would be left out for several years as it would tear apart the price point they are hitting. Even though these boats compare and are capable to do other things, they are more in a priceline arena all to their own. I think too much tech just places them at an unreachable market...

dan_hoog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I highly doubt tech like that would be introduced with a price reduction, I think that stuff would be left out for several years as it would tear apart the price point they are hitting. Even though these boats compare and are capable to do other things, they are more in a priceline arena all to their own. I think too much tech just places them at an unreachable market...
I wasn't really predicting a price reduction, just a quip about murphy's law after you buy something ;-).

We can agree to disagree on the tech cost/complexity. Most of the joystick control costs are still a novelty premium and reflect investment costs in the necessary intellectual property. Eventually, the marginal cost for multi-engine boats will decline dramatically. I think Yamaha could lead the charge, particularly given they already own most of the IP with their helm-master options for outboard boats.

Best....Dan

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dont disagree with you at all on that however, just look at what adding a few hinges and a computer and rudder did the the cost of the 240 series... Its a bit of a price increase... add to it they like to raise them by 2K each year and soon they will be the same price point as V Drives.... if I was willing to have that payment I would have a V Drive now...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am quite happy to keep my 2008, despite all the improvements the new boats have. The price point has increased DRAMATICALLY since then (industry-wide to some extent, not just Yamaha).

Also, I have put a huge amount of time into mods to get my boat exactly as I want it. The new boats address some but not all of these wants.
I don't really have the patience nor the relationship capital with the boss to do all those mods again.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is why I will probably not wait myself, they keep getting more and more expensive and my income is not increasing along with it. I am certain the 212X will fulfill all my needs with a few mods and I should be a happy camper.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am quite happy to keep my 2008, despite all the improvements the new boats have. The price point has increased DRAMATICALLY since then (industry-wide to some extent, not just Yamaha).

Also, I have put a huge amount of time into mods to get my boat exactly as I want it. The new boats address some but not all of these wants.
I don't really have the patience nor the relationship capital with the boss to do all those mods again.
Completely agree with this!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That is why I will probably not wait myself, they keep getting more and more expensive and my income is not increasing along with it. I am certain the 212X will fulfill all my needs with a few mods and I should be a happy camper.
Completely agree with this!
Yea, I said all this an more on how I was going to keep my 2007 :oops: Well, you all see how that worked out :D

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are many features I like about the new boats. The price tag is not one of them. But, the biggest issue to me is the new keel. This new keel is taking away from how these boats are supposed to feel and drive. Not a fan at all...

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know a little something ----> <-------- I whited out the text due to the fact I should really say. I will say that there might be a Liquid Affair 3 in the near future :banghead: , I should have waited!
Now that's just teasing, delete your post immediately or spill the info....;):D:D.

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Britboater, @Williamsone46 - He's not cooperating.

His videos got me all amped up on getting one of these 24s, and my bank account is going to be screaming this fall..... Watching the daughter was making me laugh, with her apparent indifference toward the awesomeness of being on a boat..... ;))

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy @Ziess21 has a great deal of street cred....i would heed his advise. unless its a recommendation of an audio store....:p

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I wait, the only issue is if thee mods come along like they did for the 240 series, and it comes with the jump in price equal to what the 240's did, then it places its price range a bit too high for waht I am comfortable with as a payment. I have to try to keep it somewhat controlled as this thing does sit for 6 months and I am only comfortable with a payment limit of where I am at. I have been approved that I could buy a new 242LS right now but I do not want the payment...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Englewoodcowboy If you do wait that should push the prices down for the previous year models and give you more negotiating room.

You only have 2-3 months left of boating so waiting could save you a couple grand with the opportunity cost of not having the new boat for the rest of the summer.

Interest rates could come into play here but I think you're pretty safe as the rates tend to float down/stay the same toward the end of the season so dealers can offload boats when then new models come out.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I sell my Yamaha it will be when kids head to college and I'm ready for a used Searay 340 Sundancer. About 3 more years.