• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Keep in mind what the Wake Wedge can do for minimal cost.
Adding something to the boat that does nothing but clean the wake up and ONLY on one side is not all that the boat will need. Back to ballast bags on seats etc....... I already made my mind up before the release that I would not be buying a new Yamaha unless it was surf worthy without the wedge (sorry JCYamaharider) and bags everywhere taking up seating. The bottom line is because of the swim platform, that we all love (except my wife), there is no place to HIDE ballast. She want's a sun pad to lay on

With all that said.....they did some REALLY nice things with everything. Right now, surfing is the number 1 water sports priority on my boat list. I'm still working on it on my 192, just can't get ropeless.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I too, am really disappointed with the reveal. I am much more excited about the regal and the volvo forward drive system. that to me is a game-changer in the surf/recreational boat catagory. while it certainly isn't going to compete head to head with a dedicated surf boat, it will go toe to toe with the technology to have the ability to switch surf sides on the fly. most impressive to me is the small amount of ballast needed along the surf tabs to really create a respectable wake. i think yamaha should be going after this segment of boaters full throttle (excuse the pun). the one thing i noticed in shelbyville this year, was the mutual experience of the parents enjoying surfing more than the tube-loving teens.

it kinda reminds me of the ski resorts back in the day resistant to snowboarders. i'm sure they assumed snowboarding would be a short-lived fad. i might be looking to sell a couple of wake wedges soon....got goofy and regular if anyone might be interested!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I have to say I'm quit underwhelmed with the new boats. Didn't see any great new graphics, no gps added, a rediculous Bimini top and no horsepower bump. The sound systems we can install as well as aftermarket ballast bags, I do like the presets on the conext system and would love the electronic throttle and the single throttle link option but other than that I'm happy with my 2015. Even more so that it looks like they stopped the black and white option on the AR's, mine just became a limited edition!!!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep in the same boat, LOADS of awesome upgrades to the control of the system, ballast and speed... But left out the key thing, doing something factory to get that wake clean and big without having to addon

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
Sorry to say, but I won't be getting another Yamaha boat until it's quieter. My yamaha 150 outboard just purr's, with no vibration at all. Sometimes I even start it not knowing it's on.

I really got embarrassed going over 6k with people on it. Even my wife hated the sound.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@ACRDSPORT14 they did in 2015! Are not wanting to upgrade to a 24'?

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Seems like yamaha has plenty of want in the upgraded 21 ft catagory if they're reading.....