• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love to see some radical new boats. Maybe the 19's are gone and 20's replace them, forward swept towers become the new Yamaha signature. The top shelf 242's get a supercharge option, a wake option, a covered bow option, An FSH boat in a 24" twin engine model. But alas, I think @robert843 is on the money, we've all over shot the actual changes.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is love to see a 240 with more mph , rock solid tower , captain's call exhaust , trim tabs , auto ballast for surfing , led lighting , transom lights , captains seats with drop down bolsters , perfect pass , in floor cooler like the older 210's 12" subs , and hot boat candy to show it off at the sand bar , and free gas for the first year :) yea that I would buy !!!! P.s. And a bikini storeage area that the girls can leave there tops in so they don't get lost !!!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like they are adding stock tower speakers.

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Maybe some over shot....all I want is a 212x with forward swept tower, sound deadening and a surf system and I'm sold

Ntlange

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I second the supercharged 242s. Help us guys who like to boat closer to the clouds.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I second the supercharged 242s. Help us guys who like to boat closer to the clouds.
And it would prop up lots of oil company stock.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will be really surprised/disappointed if we don't see at least the sound reduction techniques applied to the smaller boats - at least the 21 footers. I hope we see electronic throttle control and a Perfect-Pass esque cruise control in at least some models. A surf system would definitely be a welcome addition as well.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will be VERY disappointed if they do not have a surf model. I wonder if it be a stand alone model or an option? Also they need to have a 24' and 21' surf option. Is it too late for me to call Yamaha and give them my opinion?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be VERY disappointed if they do not have a surf model. I wonder if it be a stand alone model or an option? Also they need to have a 24' and 21' surf option. Is it too late for me to call Yamaha and give them my opinion?
You just did ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That ones easy. Bikini tops go in the glove box - out of the way, yet easy to reach!
See I always thought those were to be removed before entering the boat? No need for useless clutter in the glove box.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Seen the new boats! And their awesome to say the least!
They also looked SUPERB on Lake Oconee, GA 4 weeks ago.

Gonna be an exciting year for Yamaha, and I forecast they run out quickly from 1 model.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ziess21, @Williamsone46, @MikeyL, I appreciate you guys holding back until Yamaha's embargo is over. I also hope that you will be posting your impressions and pictures at 7 PM tomorrow along with Julian's videos and review.

Over the last six months we have had unprecedented levels of cooperation with Yamaha. I am hopeful that as we continue to build their trust that we will be able to find more ways to work together that are beneficial to our members.

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
That's it @MikeyL ....next year I'm coming down to hang out with you to get the early preview.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length