• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are in the beginning of our boating season, we boat all the way through September here so if my 192 sells, I won't wait...

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy If you do wait that should push the prices down for the previous year models and give you more negotiating room.

You only have 2-3 months left of boating so waiting could save you a couple grand with the opportunity cost of not having the new boat for the rest of the summer.

Interest rates could come into play here but I think you're pretty safe as the rates tend to float down/stay the same toward the end of the season so dealers can offload boats when then new models come out.
Alright!! Who let the buzz kill in this early :arghh:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IKR!!!! On a happy note I was just informed my new 212X is at the marina... Now if I can get my 192 gone so I can take delivery! :arghh:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Britboater, @Williamsone46 - He's not cooperating.

His videos got me all amped up on getting one of these 24s, and my bank account is going to be screaming this fall..... Watching the daughter was making me laugh, with her apparent indifference toward the awesomeness of being on a boat..... ;))
I apologize, I originally just whited out the text but figured out that someone could reply to it and un whited it out. So I removed it, I know to much I'm dangerous! :happy:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just motivation to enjoy your time on the water to the max! Life is short :)

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dont let them fool you (I am a Floridian by birth and lived there for the first 33 years of my life) winter boating while doable is not pleasant at all. Norwester winds, choppy conditions etc. my boat would sit for at least 2 to 3 months although we did have our fluke seasons, I remember skiing on Christmas day in 84 then in 85 it snowed on Christmas...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BTW I went and looked at my new 212X and am in LOVE with it. I have a pending offer on the table on the 192 as of this evening so if all goes well by the end of next week, Wet Dreams will have a new home and Hyde Away will be getting ready for the Fourth!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BTW I went and looked at my new 212X and am in LOVE with it. I have a pending offer on the table on the 192 as of this evening so if all goes well by the end of next week, Wet Dreams will have a new home and Hyde Away will be getting ready for the Fourth!
Congrats. Good luck getting both deals closed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Really people can boat all year long in Florida wow I'm moving there , oh wait I did that back in 1972 after enduring 20 years of crappy cold Massachusetts weather.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would go for that colder weather ride. But, only for about a week or so.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Snowmobiles were just becoming popular when I left Mass, people were in the learning mode like learning not to hit stone walls or barbed wire fences plus things like don't run too many across the same path if the lake is not sufficiently frozen.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Snowmobiles were just becoming popular when I left Mass, people were in the learning mode like learning not to hit stone walls or barbed wire fences plus things like don't run too many across the same path if the lake is not sufficiently frozen.
People are still trying to learn those things, apparently. Now, of course, they can learn them at well over 100 mph.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
She is SOLD!!!! Heading to Wisconsin next week and my new 212X will be home by the weekend! Happy DAY!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was quick! Congratulations!

Of course, pics will be in order shortly...

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Englewoodcowboy congratulations! And hope all goes well with the new vessel! In particular, your perception on the effectiveness of the noise reduction on the 212, please....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy congratulations! And hope all goes well with the new vessel! In particular, your perception on the effectiveness of the noise reduction on the 212, please....
I don't think the 21' foot boats received any of the new noise reduction foam like the new 24' boats did. Maybe for the 2026 models this will be a new feature.

Regardless, we are all anxious to see pics of his new boat! Congrats @Englewoodcowboy on selling your boat!