• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2016 SeaDek Group Buy

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ordered my full kit today.

Thanks Will for being patient with all of the emails while we sorted everything out.

Can't wait to get it. Now I need to see if anyone is in need of our factory snap in carpet as it's nearly perfect and I'd like to see it go to someone in need as opposed to being rolled up and put away forever.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're welcome! Thanks again!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jpass Yeah, used carpet has lost a lot of value on this board since SeaDek came out.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Then wait until the temps get above 75 to do your install.
@JetBoatPilot What is the minimum temp recommended for proper adhesion? 75 sounds to be the ballpark. What does SeaDek say? Not sure how many more 75 degree days I have left.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SeaDek says 60F to make sure that the adhesive activates.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SeaDek says 60F to make sure that the adhesive activates.
Awesome! This week may the last of 70's. Heck, this past weekend, the dog and I went traipsing around in a foot of snow. Winter will be here before I know it.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paid, Cockpit, swim platform, and engine cover pad. Cant wait for this addition. Those that have done the install, Seadecks website shows it that easy to scrape and use acetone to remove old, is it this easy? Also, all the old screw holes for carpet. Anyone taken the time to use a gel coat patch kit to fill or did everyone use 4200/5200. direction to a thread would be helpful is so.
I plan to use the 5200 on the holes that will not be seen. On the ones that can be seen I might use gelcoat repair kit that I have left over from another repair. But will wait to see which ones will not be covered as it is just a couple I believe.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot what is the best way to remove seadek? The cat made a scratching pad out of a couple pieces when the cover was off and so I need to order replacement pieces.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot what is the best way to remove seadek? The cat made a scratching pad out of a couple pieces when the cover was off and so I need to order replacement pieces.
There is more than one way to skin that cat.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is more than one way to skin that cat.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
I may have missed it @swatski but did the boss give permission to open up the mod budget? If not you still may want to consider ordering the optional pieces and leaving the flooring alone. I'm going to skip the cock pit kit this time but order all the optional pieces since they were nice enough to offer the discount on those I'm pretty sure its the first time they have offered that discount.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may have missed it @swatski but did the boss give permission to open up the mod budget? If not you still may want to consider ordering the optional pieces and leaving the flooring alone. I'm going to skip the cock pit kit this time but order all the optional pieces since they were nice enough to offer the discount on those I'm pretty sure its the first time they have offered that discount.
Thank you @robert843, oh I would so not want to let a bargain like this go.
I want to go the full monty!!! Cockpit and all.

It has not been easy. I've been on my best behavior for WEEKS to win the approval... I'm down to the wire, but it may be working.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got mine paid for today...too bad I will be gone when it arrives. Looks like I will be installing when the temps warm up next spring.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski I bought an extra set last year by convincing my wife that a 30% off discount would never happen again. She isn't a member of the forum, so as far as she knows it never will. :D

slow007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just sent Will an email for a full kit. I was hesitant about ordering for the cockpit but am looking forward to it. The tower is next...

jcsmith77

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the cockpit kit and decided to leave the hydroturf on the swim deck for at least another season since i just added all the additional transom pieces in hydroturf this spring.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals, the end of the month is nearly here and we only have a couple days left for the Group Buy. We have gotten payment for most of the orders but there are still some orders outstanding. Please contact our office today or tomorrow and arrange payment if you have not done so already. 850-867-1410

Thanks again to all of you! Events like this are a blessing to us as I am sure they are a blessing to you!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My SeaDek order has now been officially approved (by the admiral), ordered, confirmed, and paid up! The full monty. :D

Here is the best part.
Thanks to @Rod5 and his brilliant suggestion, I sneaked an order of RIVA intake manifold upgrade kits into my SeaDek invoice. Acting like a seasoned Washington politician, call it an amendment, LOL. And yes, it felt dirty!

Now..., if you ever meet my wife, Kate, and she asks you if RIVA intake rings are really necessary in a SeaDek install, please just say "yes". I'll thank you for that!

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my shipping notification today! Wishing I would have told my wife that the SeaDek was more expensive and added thrust vectors to my invoice!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my shipping confirmation this morning as well!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals. We are at the end of the event and it is closing this afternoon. If your name is in the group buy file you will get to participate but we need to collect payment asap. If you have not paid, which by my count consists of 14 orders, please do so by calling 850-867-1410 and speaking to one of my assistants.

Thank you again for your business and support! My family and staff are grateful!

Also @Bruce can you put up a sticky or banner asking people to finalize their orders today? That would be helpful. Thanks!