• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 190 FSH Sport mods

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bow fishing chair installed

Installed Garmin using rotary tool to cut the fiberglass ran wire to transducer below and power fuse block

Installed lights ran power to accessory switch
Installed them too high and they come out of the water, need to reinstall next summer lower and this time make them level lol

Installed head and toilet paper holder

Installed Thrust Vector to help with low speed steering

Bought cover for FSH sport, very nice cover, very impressed

Installed antenna on t-tops ran wire through tubing

Anyone have experience with installing autopilot on this type of steering?

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that the factory pedestal seat? I've been thinking of adding one on mine also.

No clue on the autopilot, seems that would be a daunting task, but I'm sure it could be done!

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great additions however the real question is have you caught sufficient fish to offset the cost of the upgrades?:)[flag]

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is that the factory pedestal seat? I've been thinking of adding one on mine also.

No clue on the autopilot, seems that would be a daunting task, but I'm sure it could be done!
We just ordered it from the dealer, I don't know if it is a Yamaha part but Desert Valley Powersports parts department handled it for us.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What part of Washington are you in? I'm in Renton and have the same boat

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
surprised I've never seen ya. I just installed the Seadek cockpit kit and an Axiom 9 with RV-100 transom mount transducer last weekend. Come hell or high water, I'll be out on Lake WA Sunday afternoon, it's killing me

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
surprised I've never seen ya. I just installed the Seadek cockpit kit and an Axiom 9 with RV-100 transom mount transducer last weekend. Come hell or high water, I'll be out on Lake WA Sunday afternoon, it's killing me
Me too, I wish we lived in a tropical climate.

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
can you show how you installed some of your modifications. im not sure how to wire the add on rocket launcher lights without using zip ties. also curious about the seat and how you were able to install it. what secures the head from falling over?

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
can you show how you installed some of your modifications. im not sure how to wire the add on rocket launcher lights without using zip ties. also curious about the seat and how you were able to install it. what secures the head from falling over?
For running wire through the t-top frame I drilled a hole at the entry point and at every transition. For example the structure of the frame between the green arrows below is solid so you cannot run wife through these sections, but you can exit and re-enter the frame after this section by drilling more holes. I just drilled the holes where most people will not see them and I used fish tape to pull the wire like you do at home when installing cable through walls.

A note on drilling, I recommend you plug your drain holes on your deck before you do any drilling and thoroughly vacuum the metal shavings after drilling, I let some shavings get in the drain tubes and it is not good at all.

The seat is easy. It comes with a big metal plate that fits perfectly under the deck that the stand sits in. You just drill the holes and tighten the bolts and you are done. Super easy I used the life seal you see in the picture below on every bolt and screw on the boat. You will see when you order the part.

The head comes with brackets you screw into the floor and then snap the head into the brackets. Again, very easy once you see the parts in the box.

999.jpg

Last edited:

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To the OP...forget autopilot. Unless you invent something yourself, AP doesn’t exist for jetboats.

AP requires hydrolic steering.

I have AP on my boat and it’s the best thing I’ve purchased to date.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
To the OP...forget autopilot. Unless you invent something yourself, AP doesn’t exist for jetboats.

AP requires hydrolic steering.

I have AP on my boat and it’s the best thing I’ve purchased to date.
So you don't have a jet boat then? It looks like you have a 190 FSH in your pictures but you say AP does not exist but you have it. I am sorry I am missing something. :)

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Used to have a 190...but after 9 months of ownership and 150 hours of fishing the Atlantic, I knew it was time to sell!

I now own a outboard center console.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Used to have a 190...but after 9 months of ownership and 150 hours of fishing the Atlantic, I knew it was time to sell!

I now own a outboard center console.
Nice, I love center console boats, they are my favorite, which one did you get?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Tidewater 250. It has its faults; however, it is an outboard and not a jet which was paramount for me.