• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212 Limited S...No Negotiating?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I kind of feel the same way...only a little disappointed in the Yamaha reverse control...I have a SeaDoo and can do extreme controllable maneuvers and during my Yamaha test drive the reverse control was almost non-existence. So I started looking at BRP powered boats like the Chaparral and Scarab. The Chaparral is probably above what I would like to spend but there is a '16 Scarab on a good deal thats keeping me awake at night...lol

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had the same initial thought about slow speed maneuvering. But if you use the no wake mode and cycle back and forth between neutral, reverse, and forward, it is very maneuverable. I have been in a very narrow cove and turned it 180 degrees pivot turn. It does take some time and practice. Of course you can always add Thrust Vectors to assist, but you probably are correct in the comparison. ..for me it was not a major issue.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your input!!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
AWESOME....you will absolutely love it!!!! and 55K sounds like a good deal!

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length