• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212 Limited S...No Negotiating?

JERRY TERRONES

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just took delivery 3 hours ago for a 2017 sx240, dealer had it discounted to $46,500, ended up buying a mooring cover, porta potti, 4 fenders, anchor and 4 docking ropes, all for $1290 in accessories, you are correct they rarely discount these boats, I call myself lucky to get 5k off. FYI I think at $46500 for a 2017 sx240 is a steal!!!

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just took delivery 3 hours ago for a 2017 sx240, dealer had it discounted to $46,500, ended up buying a mooring cover, porta potti, 4 fenders, anchor and 4 docking ropes, all for $1290 in accessories, you are correct they rarely discount these boats, I call myself lucky to get 5k off. FYI I think at $46500 for a 2017 sx240 is a steal!!!
That seems like a great price! $46500 includes fenders,etc? Which dealer was this?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have never really bought a brand new Yamaha jet boat but I have been talking to a couple friends that have. They both talk about the "boat show discount" which sounds like it is about $2000 discount.
Does anyone know if the Dealers want you to get financing with them? That is, do the Dealers get any money by selling you the financing? I am thinking I might be able to go all cash on a 2017 212 Limited but I a great (or at least good) deal.
I was wondering if I could use the financing as a bargaining chip. I have used this to get better prices on new cars in the past because the car dealer get some money for me financing through them. I take the financing then I pay it off immediately
When i got my SX240 they had a deal where you get alittle or a extended warranty if you went with the Yamaha bank. but cycle spring here in Clearwter Fl guarantees the motors for life if they do your maintenance ie oil changes tunes up ect. We went with the bank my wife use to work at in New Bern Nc and got a little bit lower rate. But definitely look at last years models and see if you can steal it. 20160710_114339.jpg

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats not bad at all. I was not so lucky. I got the "Good guy, Army price" but we added the sea deck front to back, the JL audio slam pack with a extra set of 6 1/2's. Take a look at your bimini top. Mine is a pain in the ass. Alomst like the mounts are off by a few inches. Congrats. Youll love the SX

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations

If it is OTD, $46,500 for a brand new 2017 240 is not a steal. It is NUTS! :jawdrop:

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
46500 has to be right around dealer invoice as 45500 was 2016 dealer invoice for an Sx240.
Right! So $1000 under MSRP, if it is with tax and tags included - that is crazy (good).
I can see them having a bit more flexibility on limiteds, but did not think it would be possible with a base model.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a look at your bimini top. Mine is a pain in the ass. Alomst like the mounts are off by a few inches.
@Drift Away I don't see it... Is it too tight? Your bimini seems perfectly fine as far as the mounts and the looks, just looking at the factory pics.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Right! So $1000 under MSRP, if it is with tax and tags included - that is crazy (good).
I can see them having a bit more flexibility on limiteds, but did not think it would be possible with a base model.

--
I didn't see that he said that was an out the door price....if so that would be below invoice...so my bet is that wasn't OTD- still great price!!!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Drift Away I don't see it... Is it too tight? Your bimini seems perfectly fine as far as the mounts and the looks, just looking at the factory pics.

--
It's the angle when you screw it in the front it's way off it's hard to explain without pictures. Might take the boat out this weekend I'll be sure to take some

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same Bimini issue. Disconnect the pole that screws into the windshield bracket from the bimini pole. Screw in the pole you disconnected then reattach the Bimini pole. Much easier.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats what we started to do mid summer. Took it back to the dealer and thats pretty much what they told me to do. kinda shity almost 50K for a boat and another 4,500 in accessories and that was their "fix". its pulled way to tight i think. might drill out the rivets since its winter (i am in Central Florida so winter is a relative term) and adjust everything.

JERRY TERRONES

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry guys for not getting back to you, breakdown as follows on my 2017 sx240:
$51499 msrp
+$1750 freight
+$750 setup
-$5000 discount
=$48999
+$1349.55 accessories
+$2400 extended warranty
=$52748.55
plus tax, registration, plates etc.

Dealer:
Team Winnebagoland
5827 Green Valley Rd.
Oshkosh, WI 54904

I was not looking to buy new but I thought all in all was a really good price plus boat is a huge upgrade from my 2005 sx230 h.o.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry guys for not getting back to you, breakdown as follows on my 2017 sx240:
$51499 msrp
+$1750 freight
+$750 setup
-$5000 discount
=$48999
+$1349.55 accessories
+$2400 extended warranty
=$52748.55
plus tax, registration, plates etc.

Dealer:
Team Winnebagoland
5827 Green Valley Rd.
Oshkosh, WI 54904

I was not looking to buy new but I thought all in all was a really good price plus boat is a huge upgrade from my 2005 sx230 h.o.
Thank you for posting, this helps all who are in the market, both new and used.
That is a great price and it all makes sense!

--

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
While it wasnt a 212 model, I picked up my 2015 AR190 leftover in August of 2016. Before tax/title/doc/ it was $24,500 w/ a premium Yamaha full cover and CobraJet Fins installed. $5000 off with about $1000 in extras. Felt this was a pretty good price even on a left over.

That said, I did drive out of town to pick it up. My local dealer would only come off MSRP $1000 when they were clearing out the 2016s and rolling in the 17's. They said they would sell quickly, and they did.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While it wasnt a 212 model, I picked up my 2015 AR190 leftover in August of 2016. Before tax/title/doc/ it was $24,500 w/ a premium Yamaha full cover and CobraJet Fins installed. $5000 off with about $1000 in extras. Felt this was a pretty good price even on a left over.

That said, I did drive out of town to pick it up. My local dealer would only come off MSRP $1000 when they were clearing out the 2016s and rolling in the 17's. They said they would sell quickly, and they did.
That was a STEAL!

--

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That was a STEAL!

--
Yeah, I was happy. Ive read that others have picked up boats cheaper but its usually across the country. Seeing as I live in an area where boating can be done nearly year round, prices do not drop much.

It was a shock though as I buy new vehicles about every 2-3 years. Negotiating vehicles is completely different than boats. I had dealers laugh at me at first until I figured it out.

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought my 2016 Yamaha 242X last weekend and payed $61,500 OTD with a free full boat cover for it plus the Yamaha shipping cover that originally came with the boat from the factory. The boat wasn't brand new it was a Yamaha HQ demo boat (Yamaha boat's US HQ is in Kennesaw, GA) that had 36hrs on it. The best price we could find, that was relatively close to us, on a 2016 242X with 0 hours was $67,700 OTD and they would not come off the price anymore than that. Although I tried very hard before I found out about the demo boats. The same company in Alabama tried to sell me a 2017 212X for $47,920 which I thought was a great deal but we had our heart set on the 242X.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I tried some of your suggestions, others I couldnt try. I bought at Memorial Day....I know...the worst part of the year....start of the season. I checked dealers in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston. None of them would deal much from the MSRP. All the prices were within a couple hundred dollars of each other. Making the drive from Houston was not worth the price difference. I asked about boat show deals....was told that Yamaha prices are not discounted for the shows, but rather they offer accessories, etc. As for cash/finance...with my dealer...didnt make any difference. I was able to get them to throw in and anchor ($30), anchor chain ($15), 120' anchor rope ($30), fire extinguisher ($30), 4-5 pin trailer wiring adapter ($25), and a premium Yamaha mooring cover ($800). So just under $1000 worth of accessories....best I could get. And since this was the first year for the newly designed 242 Limited SE, there was no option for an earlier year model. They did have a 2015 Chaparal 243 VRX on the floor for a clearance price that was about equal to what I paid for the Yammy. MSRP on the darn thing was $95K clearance price to $69K. Nice boat.....but I had pretty much decided on a Yamaha for various reasons.

I am in the same "boat", anyway, I was looking at the Vortex too...why exactly did you choose the Yamaha instead? I like the Chaparrals Rotax engines maneuverability in reverse. But love the Yamaha's design and interior.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am in the same "boat", anyway, I was looking at the Vortex too...why exactly did you choose the Yamaha instead? I like the Chaparrals Rotax engines maneuverability in reverse. But love the Yamaha's design and interior.
I felt that Yamaha has a much longer history in the jetboat/jet propulsion arena. Jet boats are relatively new to Chapparal and Scarab. Also, Yamaha makes just about everything in their boats except their stereos.....so if you have a hull problem....you go to Yamaha....engine problem...Yamaha..propulsion problem....Yamaha...etc. I did NOT want the extra cost/maintenance of turbochargers....rebuilds after 200 hours at $500 each. Some will compare the Yamaha requirement at 200 hours to check valve clearance. If you are at all mechanically inclined, this is a fairly simple procedure....I have done it on other engines....not really an issue....and if the checks prove to be within tolerance, which they probably will....there is no issue. Yamaha sells more jet boats than all the other brands combined. I was not interested in the Glastron because I wanted 2 engines, and if you look at the boats, though nice....not nearly as luxurious. I didnt consider the Scarab because I read too many negative reviews. My choice was between the Chapparal and the Yamaha. I feel quality wise they are probably comparable. But probably the one thing that pushed me over the edge was when I asked the dealer, who sold both Chapparal and Yamaha, which he would recommend, his reply ...... They are both great boats...great quality and performance and reliability....but bang for the buck, you cannot beat the Yamaha! For me.....nuff said!

Last edited: