• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR190 What a Difference!

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can tune the cone a bit to allow more RPM and not sacrifice traction. Pull a washer or two out and see how it does. That's on my list for this year is to tune in the L13. I've been running for two seasons with all the washers in and haven't messed with it.
Yeah going to pull the small washer out sometime next week maybe or may end up just running with it like it is

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You mean for spraying in oil?
When I’m fogging the engine at the end of the season - removing and then later refitting the box with the air filter is such a pain. Replacing that whole set up with the K&N filter would be worth it for that alone!

But yeah, are there any basic how-to videos out there for:
  • Ribbon delete
  • Removing the stock air box and replacing with a K&N intake filter
  • L13 cone

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I’m fogging the engine at the end of the season - removing and then later refitting the box with the air filter is such a pain. Replacing that whole set up with the K&N filter would be worth it for that alone!

• Ribbon delete
  • L13 cone
Not any videos. Couple threads around here. Check the FAQ, if they aren't there, send me a PM and I'll dig then up.

It's all pretty straightforward really.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

• Ribbon delete
  • L13 cone
O yeah 100% pain but why no just pull the pcv hose that's on the rubber between the filter and throttle body and spray the oil in there?

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
O yeah 100% pain but why no just pull the pcv hose that's on the rubber between the filter and throttle body and spray the oil in there?
Didn’t know that was an option - does that safely do the trick?

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Didn’t know that was an option - does that safely do the trick?
Dont see why not you would be spraying it in right in front of the throttle plate. If I fogged that's what I would do but down here we sometimes have warm days during the winter so I dont worry about it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out for the first time this season yesterday.

Definitely going to have to mess with the shims this year. Just the wife and I, light cooler, nice cool day (72deg ambient).....Got 42mph and 7500 rpm. I think I could grab a few more RPM so long as I don't introduce cavitation on launch. Might pull all the L13 washers out and test some this coming weekend. Plan to be out both Saturday and Sunday.

Will report back with results.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the boat out for the first time this season yesterday.

Definitely going to have to mess with the shims this year. Just the wife and I, light cooler, nice cool day (72deg ambient).....Got 42mph and 7500 rpm. I think I could grab a few more RPM so long as I don't introduce cavitation on launch. Might pull all the L13 washers out and test some this coming weekend. Plan to be out both Saturday and Sunday.

Will report back with results.
I think I'm going to start with just pulling the biggest shim out first.

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont see why not you would be spraying it in right in front of the throttle plate. If I fogged that's what I would do but down here we sometimes have warm days during the winter so I dont worry about it.
Yeah my concern would be the fogging oil getting all over the air filter and me not being able to see it. Also my paranoia would kick in about not fogging enough into the engine and then sweating it out all winter!

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah my concern would be the fogging oil getting all over the air filter and me not being able to see it. Also my paranoia would kick in about not fogging enough into the engine and then sweating it out all winter!
Haha if you dont have a catch can you should see the inside of your airbox now. I doubt that would be a problem with it at like 1500 rpm

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Attached is a photo of my ski with the 1.8L. If you see the blue cap & bluish hose (over by the dipstick), it’s a fogging port that Cycle Springs (Clearwater) installs. Not sure if they sell the kit (it a port with a cap and a short hose that terminates inside the intake).
Didn’t mean to derail the original thread/mod, but saw where you were going...
BCE5F0D3-058C-46D3-A617-3E77D28B484B.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you live and how long do you put it away for "winter" storage?

I've been boat owner for the better part of a decade, and a car guy for a few decades longer than that. I've NEVER fogged an engine for storage. I'm in Kentucky, we get mostly mild winters, and typically store from late September to early April. 6mo storage away from salt water, in a mild climate.

Unless you're on the coast (or otherwise near Salt Water), or your storing for over 10 months. Fogging is a waste of time, energy, and money. Modern engine block, piston, and ring materials accompanied with modern lubricants have negated the need for fogging an engine.

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you live and how long do you put it away for "winter" storage?

I've been boat owner for the better part of a decade, and a car guy for a few decades longer than that. I've NEVER fogged an engine for storage. I'm in Kentucky, we get mostly mild winters, and typically store from late September to early April. 6mo storage away from salt water, in a mild climate.

Unless you're on the coast (or otherwise near Salt Water), or your storing for over 10 months. Fogging is a waste of time, energy, and money. Modern engine block, piston, and ring materials accompanied with modern lubricants have negated the need for fogging an engine.
On the coast, by the sea in MA
Winters are sub-zero 😕
Boat’s in storage about 7 or 8 months a year

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I'm going to start with just pulling the biggest shim out first.
I did this tonight. Removed the red shim and kept the blue and gold in place.

Shim stack before
IMG_20200522_203813.jpg

Shim stack now
IMG_20200522_203831.jpg

Previous was 42mph and 7550 rpm with ZERO cavitation. Hoping to pickup a couple hundred rpm and not lose the traction. Will advise after tomorrow's trip.

adeptds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice waiting on my sea deck as we speak and over the past week did the ribbon delete, l13 and put a K&N filter in the factory airbox and removed the snorkel out of the air box as well. Ready for Saturday so I can try it out. 2017 sx190
What's the part number of the K&N filter that fits the 2017-2018 SX190 stock air box?

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did this tonight. Removed the red shim and kept the blue and gold in place.

Shim stack before
View attachment 119889

Shim stack now
View attachment 119890

Previous was 42mph and 7550 rpm with ZERO cavitation. Hoping to pickup a couple hundred rpm and not lose the traction. Will advise after tomorrow's trip.
Yes do let us know I'm only turning like 7400 on the top end so curious to see how much you pickup with just removing the red one.