• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that is addressed under the itinerary for Sun, June 24th, the info is red and bold. Like you said the key is to be full for the morning run. To me it doesn't matter when you fill up before securing your boat for the night, as long as you are full in the morning.
@Andy S, your directions need to be idiot-proof. As the resident idiot, I believe that I demonstrated they are not.:wacky:

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have added some key points to to my first post. Here is what was added.

Here are a few key points to think about.
  • As the Captain you are responsible for your boat and crew to safely make it to Bimini and back to Ft Lauderdale, this is your priority #1 assisting other boaters comes second.
  • All on board your boat must be able to sit comfortably behind the windshield. Do not plan on having anyone sit in the bow area, in my 12 legs to and from the Bahamas (6 trips), only once has the conditions been nice enough to sit in the bow.
  • All heavy cargo should be secured behind the windshield, either secured on the deck or in under seat storage areas.
  • Unless your anchor locker is heavily padded or you are extremely confident your anchor is secured in the anchor locker, for the crossings pull the anchor from anchor locker and secure in an under seat storage area, it will not be needed on the crossing. Anchors in the anchor locker have punctured through hulls during past trips.
I have also turned some text pointing to reading the Preparing for Bimini thread and the July trip first post for more details about preparing for the trip. My goal with my first post is not to overload folks with information when it is posted somewhere else.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sbrown has registered to captain Summon A Beach with a crew of 2 adults and 3 children. They hail from the home port of Easton, Pa.

The crew is described as: Me, my adult supervision(wife) and three daughters 17, 15 and 10
We are confirmed in Condo 1A
You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
vanmurray has registered to captain Go Pack with a crew of 6 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Falls Lake, Raleigh, NC.

The crew is described as: My wife and I, our daughter (8) and son (6), and both sets of grandparents.

You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing... i need some bahamas talk after our passport experience on saturday! Note! The federal government doesnt accept credit cards for passports!!!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wad thinkinh the same thing... i need some bahamas talk after our passport experience on saturday! Note! The federal government doesnt accept credit carss for passports!!!
Did you pay for expedited passport service? I guess it was a good idea to have them rushed before the next potential shutdown.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@bronze_10
Thats alot of $$ for passports ! How many did you get 5 ?
Did you pay for expedited service ?
I don't recall paying that much...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes.. we bought 5... we didnt know when we went that they charged $15 dollars per pic...

$130 x 3
$110 x 2
$15 x 5
$9 miscellaneous
=
:(

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
During our passport research, my wife discovered there is a less expensive alternative called passport cards which are only about 40 bucks each(cost depends on age). Anybody know if these are a viable alternative to a regular passport?

Edit; I just did some research on my own, and it looks to me like they would be accepted documentation for this trip. It's accepted for sea travel to the Bahamas and back, at least according to the information I found.

Last edited: