• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX210, Connext screen is dead!

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all,
Took my 2018 SX210 out friday and the boat started and ran fine. As I was pulling away from the boat launch I looked down and noticed my connext screen which has fuel level, depth, speed and all that great info was dead, my rpm gauges were dead and my no wake/cruise would not work. Like I said everything else worked fine, we were out all day and the oat ran great, other than the screen never coming on. On saturday I checked all the fuses I could find and they were all good. I unplugged the connext screen from behind and plugged it back in to see maybe if there was a bad connection, still dead. There is no corrosion or anything like that. I called my boat dealer's service dept. yesterday and they kind of sounded like they have seen this before, so I am scheduled to take it in and have the warranty replace it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If so, were you able to fix it yourself? Is there a blown fuse somewhere I don't know about? Is there something I haven't checked?

Thank you in advance for any info,
Todd

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR240 2019 Screen died about6 weeks ago and part is not available... Not sure if my screen on the 19 is different than yours.... Still waiting for a replacement....

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is exactly why I'm glad my boat doesn't have a touch screen.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am in the market for a new Yamaha and the touch screens make me nervous. My 2015 Silverado has a touch screen that has been flawless but thats not a Connex.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am in the market for a new Yamaha and the touch screens make me nervous. My 2015 Silverado has a touch screen that has been flawless but thats not a Connex.
And your Silverado isn't in a damp marine environment, a wet boat interior sitting undercover in a warm environment is like a steam room.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Based on the small number of complaints, I don't think it's a big issue really. I don't like how everything is controlled by the Connext either, but it works well so far.

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I dropped off my SX210 at my dealer today to start the warranty process for my connext screen. I asked if this was a common problem and they said, "oh yeah". So, that sucks. Apparently they have to jump through all kind of hoops to submit it through the warranty process. My yearly maintenance was due last month but I was pushing it out a couple months so I could get the 100hr service completed at the same time as the yearly service. The fella at the service dept. mentioned that if I don't have my yearly service done that Yamaha may not cover my screen under warranty. Personally I think the guy was trying to scare me into getting the service done while the boat was there. What in the heck would a yearly service have to do with my connext screen? There is no way they check that screen or any electronics in a routine yearly service. I'm calling BS. What do you guys think?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A manufacturer can not deny a warranty claim based on where the maintenance was done. Look up Magnusson Moss Warranty Act, I believe that’s where it states the rules for warranty claims.

MMWalton1119

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Bought my 2015 242 LS in June 2018 with the YES warranty. Screen was not working properly when I bought it but they replaced it. Took a month to get it from Japan. So my gas gauge went out during warranty earlier this year and they fixed that. A few months later close to the end of my warranty the gas gauge started acting up again but I didn't take it in because I didn't want to lose time on the water. Long story short took the boat in last week and it is the Connext screen this time not the gas gauge. Yamaha first denied the warranty claim but I called them directly and they shipped me out a new one. 2 Screens in two years has me worried but I can't complain about their customer service.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is your gas gauge on the connext or a separate gauge?

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok, so the dealership said they couldn't get to my boat for a couple weeks then they had a bunch of hoops jump through for the warranty. Wednesday of this week they called and said the screen was replaced and I could come and pick it up! When I got there we went out and fired up the screen to make sure it worked. Didn't cost me a dime and everyone was super nice. So, maybe I was freaking out about nothing. They did indicate this was a problem they see alot. I overheard them talking about another yamaha connext screen that had just come in for another person. Ready to get it back on the water!