• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX210 Fire Extinguisher?

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me if the 2018 is suppose to come with fire extinguishers included? Mine did not but my parents’ did. Different dealerships though and their’s was a 2019.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2016 240 did not include one

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I didn't get one and called the dealer about it after delivery. They told me that the boats don't come with one. I think they should be required to provide it as part of dealer setup and prep but it just wan't a battle that I wanted to fight. I know some dealers do provide one but as far as whether Yamaha or legislation of some kinds requires it of the dealer - I don't know.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if required. On delivery you get a survey to fill out, make sure you mention it. Mine came with 1 in the same compartment as the batteries.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You purchase as part of your safety equipment (whistle, life jackets , throw device ect) personally I would not want the dealership buying mine. They are a dated , expiring item. From a dealership you just never know what they would throw in there.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer installed one on my boat. Upon cracking open the owner's manual, I've learned that they aren't included, and that Yamaha recommends a 2.5 lb in/around/near the helm, and if so desired, a 5 lb clean chemical one in the port side rear storage compartment. Natch, the dealer installed the 2.5 lb B/C extinguisher in the port side rear storage compartment.

I find it odd that the manual says the 5 lb one is up to the owner's discretion, yet they put the "Fire Extinguisher Inside" sticker in that area. I may have to re-read the manual, but I'm almost certain I'm remembering that correctly.

I've got a 5 lb Amerex Halotron extinguisher on the way from Amazon, and I guess I have to fix the error performed by the dealership.