• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX210 Stern Drain Plug Leaking

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all!
I have been searching the forum over and over but cannot find exactly the info I'm looking for so I thought I would ask. So here is the situation. All of a sudden this season on the first trip to hang out at our local sandbar I noticed that every 30-40 minutes my bilge would come on and pump out a gallon or so of water. I thought maybe there was a lot of rain water or something like that that needed to finally shift to the bilge area and be pumped out. Then this past weekend we had the boat docked for 3 days during our scalloping trip in the Gulf. The water was calm but the entire time (late afternoon through the night and til about 9am the next morning) the same thing happened, every 30-40 minutes the bilge came on and pumped out water. So when I got home I immediately I started searching the forums and the internet. I checked the anchor locker drain, no separation so I re siliconed everything back up. took out the back clean out port deck and checked to see if any of the exhaust hoses had a clamp that rusted and came off, all was good. Next move was to make sure the boat was level in the drive way, then take the hose and flood the exhaust area, where the stern drain plug is screwed into. I made sure the stern drain plug was installed. Then I looked for leaks. The only thing I saw leaking was the stern drain plug. The black plastic plug with the red o-ring was leaking. I believe while in the water it would let enough water in for the bilge to pump out every 30-40 minutes. So, I think I found my problem. Easy fix right! NOPE! I searched for a replacement stern drain plug and all I can find is the drain plug assembly. Which by looking at the diagram which is suppose to be for my boat, is not what my boat looks like. So has anyone run into this? Does anyone know what to order for a new stern drain plug? Part number? I have attached a pic of the diagram and then a pic of what my boat looks like. Am I losing my mind?!?!?!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Todd

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Order these. Then just remove them from the housing piece they fit all our boats. also get some extra for when the clown thinks its funny and comes by and takes yours. Additionally the same plug fits in the locker and engine compartment drains. Use lubrication on the O-ring.

Amazon.com: Yamaha F2D-U2280-10-00 Drain Plug Assembly; F2DU22801000 Made by Yamaha: Automotive

Amazon.com: 4oz Lube Tube - Pool Gasket Lubricant: Garden & Outdoor

See this thread.

Chasing a leak... transom plug | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@motomandan Pretty sure that won't fit his boat, doesn't look like it will fit mine and we have same keel.

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As motomandan said, remove the plug and it fits right in to my stern! I made a trip to my boat dealership and spoke with the parts guy, showed him the pic of my boat after he showed me the schematic that he pulled up (which was the exact same one I pulled up and posted in original post). He said he was 99% sure it would fit and for $8 it was worth a shot. Got home that evening and pulled out the old plug and screwed the new one right in. The new one is a different design than the original and actually fits in better. Then I filled up the area where the stern plug screws into with the water hose and waited for any leaks. Eventually the bilge came on and there was still no leak so I feel that I have the problem solved. I plan on getting the boat out on the river this weekend and testing to see if this did in fact fix the slow water leak I had. I will update this post after the weekend test. Thanks again for the replies, love the helpfulness of this forum!

Todd55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to update anyone who may be interested. This fix worked like a charm, no more leak.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For future use as well, lube your plug. Really, just getting it wet worked well enough for me, but many here use some sort of lube to help the o-ring seat better (less friction, less prone to catch/crease/bunch up)

These are o-ring for hydraulic fittings that I use for work, and literally nothing more than a nick, not even noticeable until it's removed, and I will have oil POURING out of the fitting.

Once you have the o-ring jacked up, it's not going to work no matter how tight it's screwed in

IMG_20220901_022641966.jpg