• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018's ARE HERE!!!

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are they getting the AR240's to go over 55? My 2016 max is 51.
"Twin 1.8 liter High Output Yamaha Marine engines provide the power to go from zero-to-30 in under 4 seconds, with a top-end speed of over 55 miles-per-hour".

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't get why they are putting every control on a touchscreen, especially control for your ballast. If you were loaded with ballast and your screen took a dump how would you unload the ballast? If I had a touchscreen that controlled the ballast I would be adding override switches to the ballast pumps. Now Yamaha are calling their X series "wake boats", but they aren't. The 24' boat is in the price range of a true wake boat, but they still can't produce a decent wake factory stock. If they wanted to produce a true wake boat they need to build a boat from scratch and not try and take an existing boat and make it a wake boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, let me get this straight - Surfpoint is simply the nozzles permanently angled inward? Are they going to get a patent for that?
I'm not surprised considering they apparently patented their "articulating keel" just a few years ago which from my perspective is just a keel and rudder both of which have been around for centuries.

How is this different from the adjustable trim that has been used on PWCs for decades? On my waverunner the nozzle can be angled in one of three positions and on my old Seadoos the nozzle could be set at any angle within the mechanical range. If I am reading the other responses correctly the nozzle is also angled inward or outward (horizontally), maybe that's what makes it unique.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there anything else different on the Limited S for 18 other than the color-matched tower and the larger screen?

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How are they getting the AR240's to go over 55? My 2016 max is 51.
"Twin 1.8 liter High Output Yamaha Marine engines provide the power to go from zero-to-30 in under 4 seconds, with a top-end speed of over 55 miles-per-hour".
Lot of wind and current. I thought I topped out at 54, was playing with my dash and saw 53 the high.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 24 footer colors have a lot to be desired. Not a fan there.
Love the new 21fsh
I so agree. Not a fan of that color schemes either. Black AR 240? Way to hot for all that.
Also looks like they put the transom remote back on the bottom platform just like the 2016s?

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the 242x now has chart plotting capabilities. :winkingthumbsup"

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I so agree. Not a fan of that color schemes either. Black AR 240? Way to hot for all that.
Also looks like they put the transom remote back on the bottom platform just like the 2016s?
What's wrong with black? ;)

The only thing that I wish I held out for is the wetsounds stereo system and the upgraded Connext screen.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They seem to have taken some steps back from where in 2016 they took some steps forward.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More press: http://www.boattest.com/review/yamaha/3695_210-fsh

Note: Boattest is solidly in the "advertorial" space, but typically has a lot of good data, too
I recently realized that boattest charges now for access to a lot of their "reviews" (maybe they always have and I didn't notice). Hopefully not many consumers have been swindled, but if I ever need to know where someone would like to see a grab handle placed, I know they have the "review" I can trust.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone on the inside confirmed they sealed the anchor locker drains?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really like the look of the Black Red White 242X E series with Black and Red Tower. Bad to the bone. Wish I had an extra 75k burning a hole in my pocket!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel black boats can get very hot here in the south.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They seem to have taken some steps back from where in 2016 they took some steps forward.
I agree. To be honest, I really like the color scheme of my AR240 now and it will take a good scheme for me to change my mind lol. But I do have to say I love the 2015 AR240 and 2017 AR240 Space blues. My favorite color.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder what the cost to the general public is between the TR-1 and the 1.8L engines. Also I'm curious what is the weight difference with the 2 engines are? Just seems silly to not put the 1.8 in the new 21' FSH. I can't imagine the cost difference would be crazy, but I could be wrong.