• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 Audio upgrade

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. Yes this is driving me crazy. It's not recommend it to jump so only one amp is coming on. However, i'm jumping from the remote wire in the rear of the boat. I even tried using a relay with power from the battery.
I ended up with 3 pair of M3 650s and 1 pair of M3 7.7. one M6 10 inch sub. M800 and M400. I'm taking the wetshound bar out because the previous owner spliced the hell out of it and screwed it up. To run a new harness would be hell. I'm going with a pair of tower speakers soon.
That’s going to be my EXACT set up once the sub and amp comes in except I’m going with the Fusion 5 channel to push the sub. I never heard that being a problem before. Did you go amp to amp then amp to wire turn on? Or both separate to the turn on. Also where are your amps on your boat ?

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My amps are on the port side storage near the batteries. My batteries are on a roller board so they go deep to the rear. I have the entire area open. I think i may have figures it out. Going with a relay that has two outs. bosch 5 pin with two 87s so i can run two separate remote wires. I tried the remote wire from the box in the storage area and it will turn on one amp. When i had them jumped from one amp to the other it worked for a short time. What I've heard that it may not have enough power to push. So right now i'm only running the M800 until the relay comes in. I'm sure that will take care of the problem. I have starter battery/ house battery just for the boat and a separate deep cycle for the amps.
Keep me updated on that because I may have to do something similar if mine doesn’t work. That’s a clean setup !

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the M800 and M400. How are you guys using the remote wire from the head unit. Looks like the HU only how enough power to turn on one amp. I tried a relay but can seem to get that to work either.
I didn't do anything fancy, just ran 1 remote wire from the head-unit split off to the two amps and everything works fine.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got around to setting up the amp board, I intend to get another amp at some point but for now it'll do just fine. Wet sounds 2-4 distribution block into the 600/6 and the blue sea fuse block for any extra USB chargers or Led lights. Tomorrow everything will get wired in!

Attachments

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Productive friday before she gets dipped in the water tomorrow. Installed seadek, swim platform seats, and the amp board with everything hooked up and wow it sounds insane. Wired the new captains chairs 650's with the rear speakers at 50 watts each and 2 ohms; 7.7 towers at 75 each, I would like to throw 150 watts to each of these puppies but that will have to wait. Still left the front speakers playing off the head unit until I get another amp and the sub is bridged at 200 watts, sounds okay I would like an IB JL sub eventually... but I also installed a fusion volume controller for the bow speakers and ordered the boat name

Attachments

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good! Sounds better 👍

How did you run your RCA cables? I started poking around the back of the boat today but didn't see any pre-exiting routing I could utilize to snake them through... Did you cut new holes to run them to he helm?

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great setup guys. I went with JL Audio. Bought all the components throughout the winter and slowly installed using a lot of YouTube help. Saved myself the installation cost. Ended up buying a group 27 battery for the stereo. ProMarine Prosport 20 + 3 bank onboard charger. The house and starter battery charge off the solar panels while at the RV lot. Everything runs through distribution blocks and fused. The Media master 50 is awesome and love how I can control the zones.
  • MM50 Source Unit,
  • M800/8v2,
  • M400/4,
  • M6-770ETXv3-Sb-S-GmTi, Tower Speakers,
  • M3-650X-S-Gm, 3 Pair,
  • M3-770X-S-Gm,
  • M6-10IB-S-GmTi-4, Sub,
  • M-SWMCPv3-2.375, Swivel Mounts,

Attachments

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks good! Sounds better 👍

How did you run your RCA cables? I started poking around the back of the boat today but didn't see any pre-exiting routing I could utilize to snake them through... Did you cut new holes to run them to he helm?
If you open the right rear swim deck storage door you can see the two holes that are predrilled so I just ran them through those with a fish.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great setup guys. I went with JL Audio. Bought all the components throughout the winter and slowly installed using a lot of YouTube help. Saved myself the installation cost. Ended up buying a group 27 battery for the stereo. ProMarine Prosport 20 + 3 bank onboard charger. The house and starter battery charge off the solar panels while at the RV lot. Everything runs through distribution blocks and fused. The Media master 50 is awesome and love how I can control the zones.
  • MM50 Source Unit,
  • M800/8v2,
  • M400/4,
  • M3-650X-S-Gm, 3 Pair,
  • M3-770X-S-Gm,
  • M6-10IB-S-GmTi-4, Sub,
Wow I need to hear this one!!! That's a super clean set up. Mind telling me how the sub install went, and did you use any kind of backing for it? Thats the next thing I want to add, but I want to put mine in the battery compartment wall instead.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
  • MM50 Source Unit,
  • M800/8v2,
  • M400/4,
  • M3-650X-S-Gm, 3 Pair,
  • M3-770X-S-Gm,
  • M6-10IB-S-GmTi-4, Sub,
Also how do you like the swivel mounts? I have a big jetski crew that is always around the boat and I want to be able to turn the speakers sideways for them etc... do you find yourself swiveling them a lot?

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow I need to hear this one!!! That's a super clean set up. Mind telling me how the sub install went, and did you use any kind of backing for it? Thats the next thing I want to add, but I want to put mine in the battery compartment wall instead.
The sub install went relatively easy. I used a template and drimel to cut the hole. On both my port and starboard storage areas there is about 1/2 or even 3/4 inch plywood lining the compartment with carpet over it. I used two drimel cutting bits for it. Just take your time.

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also how do you like the swivel mounts? I have a big jetski crew that is always around the boat and I want to be able to turn the speakers sideways for them etc... do you find yourself swiveling them a lot?
I bought the swivel mount for just in case. I haven't actually used it. Just know that you will alway have to carry and allen wrench to loosen the screw to have them swivel.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought the swivel mount for just in case. I haven't actually used it. Just know that you will alway have to carry and allen wrench to loosen the screw to have them swivel.
Yeah I just figure I can lock them around a 30 plus degree angle so they can shoot out more to the sides vs just straight back cause the skis always hangout on the sides.

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would spend the little extra money for the swivel so the option is there. I installed by myself so if you can get someone to help you out while you wire that will be a lot less stressful.

What type number you getting out of the Riva stage ones? I have a seadoo RXT X 300 on JP Racing inc Stage one and getting 80.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Gp1800 with stage one plus, I left the stock intake grate on instead of the Riva and I've hit like 82-83 on flat water but have also blown the supercharger twice now for some reason. Thank god for the warranty haha

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Gp1800 with stage one plus, I left the stock intake grate on instead of the Riva and I've hit like 82-83 on flat water but have also blown the supercharger twice now for some reason. Thank god for the warranty haha
I'm thinking of going stage one plus which is a stainless steal wear ring and different impeller but trying to balance boat and ski.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm thinking of going stage one plus which is a stainless steal wear ring and different impeller but trying to balance boat and ski.
What pitch impeller are you looking at? You want faster out of the hole or top end

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What pitch impeller are you looking at? You want faster out of the hole or top end
I'm looking at top end. I don't race or anything and usually not a lot of 300s with the group I ride with. I've got a guy in Florida ready to take me to a stage 3 but I don't want to drive down there. I also don't like Riva's stuff. Especially the air intake for a seadoo. I deal with JP Racing Inc out of Ft. Myers, FL.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking at top end. I don't race or anything and usually not a lot of 300s with the group I ride with. I've got a guy in Florida ready to take me to a stage 3 but I don't want to drive down there. I also don't like Riva's stuff. Especially the air intake for a seadoo. I deal with JP Racing Inc out of Ft. Myers, FL.
Stage 3 would be crazy, I would love it if I lived in Florida where you’d be able to ride for 10 months out of the year but up here in Jersey most skis are stock anyway so a stage one plus tears all the others up.

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stage 3 would be crazy, I would love it if I lived in Florida where you’d be able to ride for 10 months out of the year but up here in Jersey most skis are stock anyway so a stage one plus tears all the others up.
Exactly. They do a lot of runs down there for numbers. No seat and tanks almost empty. I'm doing 80 with a full tank and tons of crap in my storage. Plus I don't run it hard often because most are stock and max at 69/70. Plus it's fun just to enjoy the ride.