• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 Audio upgrade

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are both these harnesses for the RA70 head unit? The first one states yes for RA70 but the second link doesnt state it is for ra70?

I have major RFI in my tower speakers and have been looking for a fix. changed amps, rcas, the only thing I can think of is my HU didnt come with rca hookups so my rca wires are hardwired and I am not sure itf that is the cause or not?
Yes. I used the one with the RCA plugs for my Fusion HU. Works perfectly.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
they both fit/worked on my MS-RA70NSX...
lots of variables, but that could be a source of noise

haanzsolo91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

So I ordered those harness but the colors don't match up to my head unit

Attachments

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's the one I bought for my Fusion head unit. It should replace the plug with the Zone 1/Zone 2 tags.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
fusion ra70nsx head unit?
assuming you got the new harnesses to add an amp?
the new rca harness should be simple enough...it has the rca zones labeled with tags?
that new power/speaker harness should just now have an additional blue wire? you're only using the red (or yellow) power, black ground, blue amp remote-on..you'll tape off the rest....unless you are planning to have the head unit power some of the speakers?

the installation manual for the head unit shows that harness plug also having a brown wire for a mute function, and an orange wire for screen dimming. if new harness has those wires, just tape them off.

maybe post a pic of the new harness?

haanzsolo91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
fusion ra70nsx head unit?
assuming you got the new harnesses to add an amp?
the new rca harness should be simple enough...it has the rca zones labeled with tags?
that new power/speaker harness should just now have an additional blue wire? you're only using the red (or yellow) power, black ground, blue amp remote-on..you'll tape off the rest....unless you are planning to have the head unit power some of the speakers?

the installation manual for the head unit shows that harness plug also having a brown wire for a mute function, and an orange wire for screen dimming. if new harness has those wires, just tape them off.

maybe post a pic of the new harness?
Thank you, that really helped I have my new wire harness wired up already. When you ran the RCA's and the remote wire did you run it through the engine compartment?

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
depends on where you're putting your amp.
my amp is in helm compartment so...
rca's / blue remote-on wire / speaker wires if tapping into existing..all from rear head unit to helm.
new power/ground from battery compartment thru engine bay around to helm.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody know anybody or has the Rgb tower speakers wired to their OPT7 lights? I just finished installing the interior LEDs and it came out sweet. Would love if the towers gave some overhead lighting

Attachments